Reactive Web App Is it possible to create and send emails with pdf attachments?

I understand that in traditional web apps you can create and send emails.  I am attempting to learn and build a reactive web app.  The app needs to create a PDF based on a query. In the past I have used ms access and mail merged to word document set as directory.  The goal is to create a proposal formatted like an outline (not table) and attach to email.  Is this possible and is so how can I accomplish?  Also If it is possible, would it still be possible in multi tenant

Thanks

Solution

Hi Rob,

Reactive web apps do not have the same functionallity for creating and sending mails as traditional web apps.

In think this could work:

• Create Email Template in  a traditional Web Application
  • Create Send Email Action in a traditional Web Application
  • In Reactive App, add dependency to your traditional web application module where you have web template and action to send mail
  • In Reactive App, add one client action which will use your web action to send email using your credentials from service center smtp configuration.

If you do not want to create an additional web app just for the email functionallity you could try and use a BPT process with a Send Email activity in it.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Rob,

Reactive web apps do not have the same functionallity for creating and sending mails as traditional web apps.

• In Reactive App, add dependency to your traditional web application module where you have web template and action to send mail
  • In Reactive App, add one client action which will use your web action to send email using your credentials from service center smtp configuration.

If you do not want to create an additional web app just for the email functionallity you could try and use a BPT process with a Send Email activity in it.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel,

Thanks I will give it a try. Sounds like a good idea..  As per the second half of my question in Service Center I can set up my smtp config but how does that work if its multi-tenant??  And a third question.   I have been through many hours of the online training.  I am very quick now with screen creation and understand what I guess is the basics.  I am trying to create an SaaS type app for a niche industry that I have been in for the past 30 years.  I am not a programmer by any means but know what needs to get done.  Is it possible to hire yourself or maybe others from the forge to assist me in achieving my goals on an as needed type freelance or something basis to assist me in filling in blanks of my knowledge?

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Rob,

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel, 

Thank you for the information. 

The BPT option is more attractive than creating an entire web app just for a mail. But I cannot seem to find the Send Mail action as an option? 

Are you able to send mails from a BPT inside of a reactive web module or a mobile module server action? 

Thanks, 

Nicholas

Hi Nicolas,

I was wrong when writing:

No you can (at least not yet) create BTP with email activity in a any type of reactive module, also not blank module.

So you would need also to create a traditional web app with a module (can be blank module), create the BPT with the Send Email activity. And expose the process by setting the IsPublic to true.

Then create in your reactive web app add the depency to the BPT process and create a server action that launches the BPT process. This server action can then be called from client actions.

Regards,

Daniel