How to find role OutSystemApplications?

For some reasons, i wanna grant some permissions to the role OutSystemsApplications, but when i try to find this role, i dint find it. Does anyone know how to find this role? Thanks a lot.

Hello Zhuang, 

There is no such a thing as grant permissions to a role.

You grant a User roles, and later you checknif a user has a role in roder to define if it has access to a screen or authorization to see something or execute some action. 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Secure_the_Application/User_Roles/Create_and_Use_Roles

As built-in roles you have Anonymous and Registered. 

Could you explain better your requirement? 

Cheers 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Zhuang, 

There is no such a thing as grant permissions to a role.

You grant a User roles, and later you checknif a user has a role in roder to define if it has access to a screen or authorization to see something or execute some action. 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Secure_the_Application/User_Roles/Create_and_Use_Roles

As built-in roles you have Anonymous and Registered. 

Could you explain better your requirement? 

Cheers 


Sorry for the ambiguous expression. All i want to do is on the server, not in OutSystems develop environment. I need to use the COM component to do something, and need to grant the acces to the role 'OutSystemApplications', but i can not find it while i can find it when i check the permission of one folder. Thanks.

Solution

Hello Zhuang, 

If you find it in permissions of a folder, it is a windows User, not a role... 

Cheers 

Solution

I guess you have some screen where you dont want to be public, but your component has to have access.
There are other plugins like that, one is Html2PdfConverter.

You cant assign a role to an application, what you can do though, is on previous screen you generate a guid(you have native method for that), and pass it to the component.
Whenever your component access the page(Page is set to public), then you check if the guid correspond to right value stored in database. Its a way of authentication without using roles.
if the guid is not valid, simply trigger an Exception of No Permissions.

you can extend this, to allow user access and components access, by providing 2 input parameters, and in the prep you can validate much more with logic.

with best regards,
Slavi




Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Zhuang, 

If you find it in permissions of a folder, it is a windows User, not a role... 

Cheers 

Yep, i have found this. The 'OutSystemsApplication' is the apppool name ,if we want to use this, we should use 'IIS AppPool\poolname' to find it. Any way, thanks for you replies. Good day.


Slavi Popov wrote:

I guess you have some screen where you dont want to be public, but your component has to have access.
There are other plugins like that, one is Html2PdfConverter.

You cant assign a role to an application, what you can do though, is on previous screen you generate a guid(you have native method for that), and pass it to the component.
Whenever your component access the page(Page is set to public), then you check if the guid correspond to right value stored in database. Its a way of authentication without using roles.
if the guid is not valid, simply trigger an Exception of No Permissions.

you can extend this, to allow user access and components access, by providing 2 input parameters, and in the prep you can validate much more with logic.

with best regards,
Slavi





Yeah, yeah, i need a function like this. and now i have found it. thanks.Good day.