Hi all,

Is it possible to retrieve the table of errors to be used in OS directly, without downloading to Excel first? Preferably something that can be automated with a timer such that it can periodically check for important messages.

Thanks,

Solution

Hi,

Error Messages are stored in system osLog_Error_N tables where N ranges from 0 to 9. You can check the Logs management forge component which has the extension to access the tables.

Regards.

Solution

Prasad Rao wrote:

Hi,

Error Messages are stored in system osLog_Error_N tables where N ranges from 0 to 9. You can check the Logs management forge component which has the extension to access the tables.

Regards.

Hi Prasad,

thanks for your reply. This is exactly what I'm looking for. However, why is there a log from 0:9? I don't understand how the data is organized between the entities, it doesn't seem to be chronological. 

Is there also a way to filter the data other than from the message? For example, I don't care about error messages such as invalid user/ password, but would want to know if there s a bug resulting from a null. I could go ahead and write the specific filter in each get statement but it seems a bit redundant. 

Hi,

This post should give you more information with respect to working of log https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/11499/logs-in-the-outsystems-platform/.

You can filter by module or any another column but for the case of finding null I would think best to filter by message with like operator and Espace_Id to target any specific modules in advance query. Filter condition mostly depends on the use case

Regards.