Scan QR Code Web Application

Hi,

Is it possible to make Scan QR Code in Web Application? How? 

Outsystems v10

Thanks.

Hello Ayu,

Can you elaborate further about this?

If you mean to use an external device which will scan QR and process it in your web application, then it should be possible by using an API that would provide the output to the application.

If you mean to use the web application to a mobile device to perform the scan QR, then I don't think that's possible and a separate mobile application needs to be made instead.

Hope this helps!

- Emman

Emman wrote:

Hello Ayu,

If you mean to use an external device which will scan QR and process it in your web application, then it should be possible by using an API that would provide the output to the application.

If you mean to use the web application to a mobile device to perform the scan QR, then I don't think that's possible and a separate mobile application needs to be made instead.

Hope this helps!

- Emman

Hi Emman,

I'm using the web application and then can perform scan QR Code from device.

I can't using Mobile App bcs another features already developed in Web App.

Emman wrote:

Hello Ayu,

Hope this helps!

- Emman

Hi everyone!

In support of Emman's answer, here's a sample of the various modules that you can use for web applications.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Search.aspx?q=qr+code&t=&o=&tr=False&oss=False&c=&a=&v=&hd=False&tn=&scat=forge

Kind regards,
Joseph Enriquez

Joseph Enriquez wrote:

Emman wrote:

Hello Ayu,

Hope this helps!

- Emman

Hi everyone!

In support of Emman's answer, here's a sample of the various modules that you can use for web applications.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Search.aspx?q=qr+code&t=&o=&tr=False&oss=False&c=&a=&v=&hd=False&tn=&scat=forge

Kind regards,
Joseph Enriquez

Are you sure it's a link?

Ayu Andini wrote:

Emman wrote:

Hello Ayu,

Hope this helps!

- Emman

Hi Emman,

I'm using the web application and then can perform scan QR Code from device.

I can't using Mobile App bcs another features already developed in Web App.

This would not be possible from what I know, since web application don't have access to mobile device peripherals, i.e. camera.

There is a workaround that I can think of, if you're ok with it. The idea would be this:

1. Take a picture of the QR code.

2. Upload this to the web application.

3. Use a forge component, one from those shared by Joseph, that will evaluate the QR code image.

(I would suggest ZXing for this btw)

Hope this helps!

- Emman