[IdPReact] react and web login

Forge Component
(0)
Published on 4 Nov by Telmo Martins
0 votes
Published on 4 Nov by Telmo Martins

Hello - I downloaded idp, ipdReact and the IdPReactDemo.  In the description on IdPReact it says that it logs in both to react and traditional web when you log in.  However, looking at the demo and IdPReact it looks like the end "log in" action (DoLogin) in IdPReact just has the system "User_Login" action.  Is that all that is needed or am I missing another action?

Secondary to the above, the idp react forge item says to look to the react demo for how to customize but I am not really finding any information in the demo on how to customize.

Regarding the login, yes, it is exactly the same login as the one that is used in a traditional web application. The component will fist login the user in the traditional web module (Idp) that handles the callback and after that will redirect back to IdpReact to do the exact same login. It doesn't seem to require anything else, because after that, when you get redirected back to your reactive web app, the getUserId() will return the id of the logged in user.

Hello,

Why is login in both react and traditional web app needed? Will GetUserId() not work otherwise when navigating between them? I need to create a login for a react application and users want to switch between it and traditional applications, so I'm wondering if there is a reason for this double login...

Thanks,

Ana

Ana Bocaniciu wrote:

Hello,

Why is login in both react and traditional web app needed? Will GetUserId() not work otherwise when navigating between them? I need to create a login for a react application and users want to switch between it and traditional applications, so I'm wondering if there is a reason for this double login...

Thanks,

Ana

Web uses the session to store who is logged in.  Technically, no session in react.  We just implemented logging into react and web.  Just have to pass back and forth as part of log in and out.