Will upgrading to Reactive Web affect Traditional Web and Mobile Applications?When trying to create Reactive Web with the current version, the following message is output. "Update your Platform Server to start creating Reactive Web apps"I'm worried that upgrading will not cause problems with existing applications.

Solution

chappy wrote:

Will upgrading to Reactive Web affect Traditional Web and Mobile Applications?When trying to create Reactive Web with the current version, the following message is output. "Update your Platform Server to start creating Reactive Web apps"I'm worried that upgrading will not cause problems with existing applications.

Hi chappy,

As I know, Upgrading will not at all cause any problem with existing application. You will get an option of creating reactive web application along with traditional web,mob and tab.

regards

Seema

Solution

Hello Chappy,

Upgrading should not affect your current applications, although there will be some downtime of about 2 hours.

Hope this helps!

- Emman

Hi chappy,

Like already mentioned, upgrading your server will add support for Reactive Web Apps, and does not bring any changes to Traditional Web applications.

Some of the Mobile forge components may already have been updated to a Reactive Web version, but this is a natural evolution that should remain compatible with any Mobile apps you currently use them in.

You can check the Release Notes for the platform server version that first supported RWA (and any subsequent releases) for any breaking changes. As of now those are:

Hope this helps clarify your concerns.

Hi Chappy,

I upgraded the environment of our company last week and can confirm that everything is fully compatible with the existing apps. everything is backwards compatible and continues to work. So there is nothing to worry about ;)
Downtime is about 2 hours so you should plan the right moment to start the upgrade.

Kind regards,
Teun

Thank you for your advice. Thanks to that, I was able to solve the problem immediately.
In order to demonstrate Outsystems to customers, there was a plan to implement a reactive web in addition to the traditional web, which required an upgrade.
Thanks to everyone who always helps me quickly.