Greetings, here is another post related to email errors.

I have reviewed the related posts, for example here and there, but I believe that they don't apply to my case:

I have tested the SMTP service using a standalone tester, and could send an email using a test email using the exact same SMTP parameters that I had configured in OutSystems's Service Center. The tester that I used successfully sent the test email (that I received), and my web module failed using the same configuration.

With respect to configuration cache, I have forced my module to recompile to ensure that it picked up the latest configuration.

What else could possibly go wrong?

Thanks in advance!

JP

Hi,

Have you checked if there's any error log related?

Nuno Rolo wrote:

Hi,

Have you checked if there's any error log related?

Hi Nuno, yes I have. It's the same log as other users had before, the 500 internal error code (see below).

Best,

JP

Solution

Hi,

Are you using functions inside the email? There's a similar post where that was the issue.

Solution

Nuno Rolo wrote:

Hi,

Are you using functions inside the email? There's a similar post where that was the issue.

Indeed that was the reason for the error. Thanks for pointing this out Nuno!

So to summarize: do not call functions within the Email component, but instead pass variables over to it. 

I would kindly advise updating the component to either catch the issue and provide a more informative error, or (even better) to allow calling functions.

Thank you so much for your reactivity!