We are happy to announce the general availability of AI-Assisted Development in Service Studio!

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/AOHH9PWhqbM

We took the EAP and the Public Beta feedback to improve this feature that boosts your productivity by guiding each next step when creating flows. This was made possible with hundreds of iterations and the latest research on machine learning applied to software code from our outsystems.ai team.

What is AI-Assisted Development all about?

• You receive inline next step suggestions in any flow, anywhere in the flow – get guidance in web, mobile, BPT, service actions; you name it!

• Between 1 and 6 suggestions – our AI assistant can assess each suggestion’s confidence level. If it’s high, it will show you just that one, and all you need to do is press enter to add it.

• Suggestions specific to your business logic – this feature can deeply understand the context of what you’re developing and gives you suggestions specific to your business logic. As an example, it doesn’t tell you you need to call a Server Action and then present all possible options. It tells you what is the likely action you need, such as a specific CRUD wrapper to update an entity.

• Attempts to auto-fill node properties – to make the experience as frictionless as possible and accelerate it, the right properties for the added nodes are inferred. This means that often-times, it will completely configure the node allowing to focus on the next step.

We listened to the feedback during the beta period and have added a few improvements since the public beta release, including adding a preference for enabling and disabling the assistant, improving suggestion accuracy and tuning the way the assistant is triggered when you want to select the connector.

If you were at NextStep, you already saw the latest capabilities live and learned about the secret sauce behind it. You can also learn more about it in our blog post about this feature.

To learn how to use AI-Assisted Development, check out the documentation.

Download the latest Service Studio and start getting AI-powered assistance now. But we’re not stopping here! We have a series of improvements in the pipeline for the upcoming Service Studio releases still during the fall, so stay tuned!

Great to hear this news. I am excited about this AI feature and can change the development to next level. Keep up the hard work. 

\o/ Great News! This is awesome! 

Nice !

Hi, 

I have downloaded the lastest version of Service Studio (11.6.13) and I don't see the AI assistant anywhere.

In edit->preferences it is enabled:

What else do I need to do so that it shows up in my flows? If I have two items linked and I point at the link, no AI shows in the middle, no suggestions, nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Amazing news guys! :)

I am on client site and I think they setup a meeting with the local OutSystems people here (South US) just to know about security, given that the AI feeds information to OutSystems to enhance the development pattern. They are just concerned that OutSystems may get more than the pattern but modules of the applications or even the application itself is being taken.

This client is a bank so I understand the concern. Just raising this thought to you guys as well. Either way, a very nice addition to Service Studio.

PS: I just remember this question on NextStep on the demo on this AI thing which is: What if the people you are working with are not good developers. Does that mean it will make Service Studio dumber instead? :D

Juan Carlos Elorde wrote:

I am on client site and I think they setup a meeting with the local OutSystems people here (South US) just to know about security, given that the AI feeds information to OutSystems to enhance the development pattern. They are just concerned that OutSystems may get more than the pattern but modules of the applications or even the application itself is being taken.

This client is a bank so I understand the concern. Just raising this thought to you guys as well. Either way, a very nice addition to Service Studio.

PS: I just remember this question on NextStep on the demo on this AI thing which is: What if the people you are working with are not good developers. Does that mean it will make Service Studio dumber instead? :D

Hi Juan,

Just to clarify, the AI assistant only receives and looks at that local flow pattern and associated direct dependencies -- i.e. not the modules or the application.

Regarding the P.S. we work to normalize and clean flows to promote good practices and we are always working on research to take this to the next level. It is indeed something we take into account so that Service Studio can be smarter, better, stronger!

Thank you for the feedback!

Ulises Amaya wrote:

Hi, 

I have downloaded the lastest version of Service Studio (11.6.13) and I don't see the AI assistant anywhere.

In edit->preferences it is enabled:

What else do I need to do so that it shows up in my flows? If I have two items linked and I point at the link, no AI shows in the middle, no suggestions, nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ulises, thank you for reaching out!

That shouldn't happen, unless there's a network problem – the AI assistant shuts itself off temporarily if it determines that it wouldn't be able to function reliably.

I'll reach out directly to you in a private message so we can follow up on this topic and get to the bottom of it!

Antonio Alegria wrote:

Juan Carlos Elorde wrote:

Hi Juan,

Just to clarify, the AI assistant only receives and looks at that local flow pattern and associated direct dependencies -- i.e. not the modules or the application.

Regarding the P.S. we work to normalize and clean flows to promote good practices and we are always working on research to take this to the next level. It is indeed something we take into account so that Service Studio can be smarter, better, stronger!

Thank you for the feedback!

Hi Antonio,

The client peer who just had that meeting went to me that the statistics or patterns are taken from personal environment instances and you then refine them to be good practices just like you mentioned here. What I didn't get from what he said when I asked about the personal environment thing.

Well, most users of the personal environment are the ones who are new to OS and a few experienced ones just to test out functionalities (correct me if I am wrong). This will only mean that most patterns that will come out of this are basic instead of getting good patterns from experts.

Sorry if my earlier post versus this reply  is contradicting. Both have pros and cons. Security issue getting patterns from expert environments versus basic patterns from personal environments.

Regards,

JC