Hi,

I am copying a screen from one application in the same environment to another. I wasn't able to (paste disabled). I thought it is because this screen is using a custom layout. So what I did next is to copy the layout first. Again, I can't. What am I missing?

Note: I can't do reference because we are about to trash that application later. :)

Thanks,

JC

Hi Juan,

It's probably because of the layout. What you can do is make your old layout public, copy the screen, change the layout in the new screen to the correct one and then remove the reference to the old layout.

Solution

Hi @Aurelio,

Don't know the version Juan is using, but you can copy a screen even if the layout is not public. It will not create the reference, giving an error, but will copy.

The first thing it comes to my mind is different "type" of application. Other is an application from a different server.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi @Aurelio,

Don't know the version Juan is using, but you can copy a screen even if the layout is not public. It will not create the reference, giving an error, but will copy.

The first thing it comes to my mind is different "type" of application. Other is an application from a different server.

Eduardo,

I think this is the case. Currently on React and the other is on Traditional. If so, then I guess I have to recreate it?

Thanks,

JC

@Eduardo thanks for the correction! :)

@Juan you'll definitely have to recreate the screen.

Yes. UI is not compatible between Traditional Web and Reactive applications.

@Aurelio, I already saw situations where you couldn't copy things because they were using private elements, but I think it was a Server Action with an input or output parameter with data type to an Entity that was not public...