Get list of consumed components from Extensions

Hi,

Is there a way to get list of components I consumed (meaning added as reference) inside an extension in my application?

Thanks,

Hi Lanz, can you explain a bit more of what you want to achieve?

Hi Lanz,

That list is in the meta model, so in System Entities, and though it's possible to create a database connection in an Extension and read the information, I wouldn't advise this.

Hi WIlliam,

Please see example below.

In the screenshot, I have an App called "TestApp" and added a reference extension named "Test" and inside there is an entity named "TestEntity2"

I need to display a list of applications and what are the extensions that they are using. something like

Application    Extension   Kind      ComponentName

TestApp           Test             Entity      TestEntity2

TestApp           Test             Actions    GetData

Thanks,

Lanz

Hi Lanz,

Like I said, that's all in the meta model. Check out System Entities like Espace_Reference and Espace_Extension.

Solution

Hi Lanz,

you can use those entities to achieve that:

As you can see in the last line you need to filter by the Producer_Kind as Extension.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Lanz,

That list is in the meta model, so in System Entities, and though it's possible to create a database connection in an Extension and read the information, I wouldn't advise this.

Hi Killian,

Yes, I am aware that this using System Entities but we have a requirement to capture this for our ops.

Hope, you can advise how to get this data.

Thanks,

Lanz

Hi Lanz,

At first, I thought you wanted to access the meta model from an Extension, but it seems you just want to know what consumes what. The answers William Antunes and I gave above should help you with that.

Hi Lanz,

Could you please mark the answer that helped you as solution if it did solve your problem?

Thanks.

Hi  Lanz,

I hope you will get the Answer from William Antunes. Please mark it as a Solution. so other community members will also get help through this post. I hope you understand the Logic of this community forum. 

Please take proper action on it. 

Thank you,

Sudip

Hi All,

I already marked the answer above. Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Lanz