Inactive users - can they reactivate themsleves when logging back in?

When we have a User that is set as 'Inactive' - can they reactivate themselves when logging back in? OR do we need an Admin role to switch the user from 'Inactive' to 'Active'.

Is there some way an inactive user can self manage and reset themselves to 'Active'?

Hi John,

You need admin role to reactivate the inactive user ideally. 

But you can also do as its your requirement by applying some verification logic to reactivate.

Regards,

Amreen

Amreen wrote:

Hi John,

But you can also do as its your requirement by applying some verification logic to reactivate.

Regards,

Amreen

What/how would this verification logic work? 

Hi,

The User will not be able to active himself as users are InActive. Admin needs to active the user status, then the user will be active.  They will not be able to active themself as they are not able to log in.

Also, you can able to do a logic where when the user login, check the status first and if the status got inactive, then update the status by using updateUser action in the flow. In that way, you can also able to give them access to update himself active again.

Please check the screen and you have to put the logic and update action in this preparation. 

I hope it will solve your issues. Waiting for your valuable response.

Thank you,

Sudip

John Ackery wrote:

Amreen wrote:

Hi John,

Regards,

Amreen

What/how would this verification logic work? 

Exactly like Sudip said you can do. But you have to check all the conditions like

1. it should only update that  user . 

2.It should only update active and inactive attribute.

Thanks,

Amreen

Hello John,

This is very simple. The below example is the Login action from the Login web screen:

User_Update comes from Users module.
Of course, you probably will want to have some kind of logic to check if a user CAN or CAN'T reactivate themselves, but you don't need anything other than the user record with the Is_Active set to True and pass it to the User_Update action.

Cheers.

P.S. I attached the module I used to test this.

Hi John,

I have told exactly the same which Eduardo gives you as an example. I hope you able to solve your issues.

Please let us know if you are able to solve it. Otherwise, you can able to send me the OML file so I can solve it on your application.

Waiting for your feedback,

Thank you,

Sudip

Sorry Sudip, 

I missed your answer. 

Cheers!