[OfficeUtils] Incompatible with January 2020 patch

Forge Component
(28)
Published on 29 Jan (4 weeks ago) by Elena Novozhilova
28 votes
Published on 29 Jan (4 weeks ago) by Elena Novozhilova

Hi,

The Platform Server January 2020 patch will ship a new version of SharpZipLib (upgrade from 0.86 to 1.1), which is incompatible with NPOI 2.2 that is currently bundled with OfficeUtils.

For the component to continue working, NPOI will have to be upgraded to 2.4. You can read more about it here: https://github.com/icsharpcode/SharpZipLib/issues/270.

I've attached a new version of OfficeUtils that uses NPOI 2.4. However, there was a change in the NPOI API that breaks some of the behavior related to conditional formatting. Hence, I had to remove some code of the ProcessExcelOutput method in the XIF file.

Could you update the component before the release of the next patch? You need some help, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

João M. wrote:

Hi,

The Platform Server January 2020 patch will ship a new version of SharpZipLib (upgrade from 0.86 to 1.1), which is incompatible with NPOI 2.2 that is currently bundled with OfficeUtils.

For the component to continue working, NPOI will have to be upgraded to 2.4. You can read more about it here: https://github.com/icsharpcode/SharpZipLib/issues/270.

I've attached a new version of OfficeUtils that uses NPOI 2.4. However, there was a change in the NPOI API that breaks some of the behavior related to conditional formatting. Hence, I had to remove some code of the ProcessExcelOutput method in the XIF file.

Could you update the component before the release of the next patch? You need some help, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

I would feel safer if i could test first it on the patched environment.

João M,

In the meanwhile I have conducted some tests regarding the migration of OfficeUtils to NPOI version 2.4.1 (and subsequently SharpZipLib version 1.1), and everything seems to be working fine. Including the conditional formatting (after a few tweaks).

This tests were done on my OfficeUtils equivalent console application, so they are not fully representative.

I will test this changes again, once the Platform Server patch is applied to my personal environment. If everything is ok, I will publish a new version of OfficeUtils immediately.

Would it be possible for you to notify me when my personal environment is upgraded?

Best regards.

Any update about? 

Hi Elena,

Personal upgrades are current a bit delayed and still don't have a final date for them.

Would it be Ok if I could get you access to a temporary server to test it?

Regards,

João Rosado

João Rosado wrote:

Hi Elena,

Personal upgrades are current a bit delayed and still don't have a final date for them.

Would it be Ok if I could get you access to a temporary server to test it?

Regards,

João Rosado

Hi João,

Thank you. Once I get the access I will test the component and publish a new version.

Best regards,

Elena

Hi Elena,

I have an env, already upgraded, if you want I can test it.

Solution

João Rosado,

Thank you for providing the environment for the tests.

In the meanwhile I have released the new version of OfficeUtils, compatible with OS version 11.7.2.

Best regards,

Elena

Solution

Thanks Elena for your help.

Also, do we have your permissions to add a link for the component in the breaking changes document, so we can direct other developers to the updated version?

Regards,

João Rosado

João Rosado,

Please do. 

Best regards,

Elena