[OutSystems UI Web] How to handle breaking change introduced with Version 1.7.9

Forge Component
(43)
Published on 25 Nov (10 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
43 votes
Published on 25 Nov (10 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

we have upgraded OutSystems UI Web on our DEV environment from V 1.7.8 to 1.7.10

Because of breaking change in 1.7.9 we now struggle with deployments to our Test environment.

If a developer refreshs dependencies in his application and wants to deploy to Test, he has also to deploy the new OutSystems UI Web Version, otherwise his application will not work any longer. But if he does so all other applications which are referencing the older version will break.

There is also no way to update all references to the new OutSystems Web UI version on Test without open them in Service Studio.

Are there any best practices how to handle it in an environment with many applications?

Was it really necessary to introduce a breaking change because of the DatePicker element? Wouldn't it be possible to set the old one to deprecated and allow the developers to decide when to switch to a new DatePicker?

Thanks & regards

Magnus

Hello Magnus,

Have you tried to publish an all content solution in Test, after deploying the new version of OutSystems UI?

It should update all references. If not, please let us know.

My regards

Hello Dinis and Magnus,

I had exactly the same problem as Magnus (and solved it in the same way) before I connected with Studio to the Test enviroment I did an Publish off all Content. This did not solve the broken references (in the overview it showed errors about the DateTime Picker)

Hope you can solve this problem.

Kind regards,

Robert de Vries.

Dinis Carvalho wrote:

Hello Magnus,

Have you tried to publish an all content solution in Test, after deploying the new version of OutSystems UI?

It should update all references. If not, please let us know.

My regards

Hi Dinis,

yes I tried to publish an all content solution and I am getting following warnings for many modules:

Status solution:

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Magnus

Thank you for sharing the details.

We're analyzing the problem in order to understand if we can have a release that solves this and I'll provide more information as soon as we have it.

My regards