Printer functionality in mobile

Hello All,

I want to add print page functionality in mobile application, currently I am using Printer plugin forge component but it is giving me App keeps stopping error message and application gets close automatically.

If anybody work on this before please help.

Thanks & Regards

Prajakta Roshankhede

Hello,

Can you provide more details about the error or share the code to try to help you?

Also, did you try this component? https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1606/file-viewer-plugin

BR,

Luis

Prajakta Roshankhede wrote:

Hello All,

I want to add print page functionality in mobile application, currently I am using Printer plugin forge component but it is giving me App keeps stopping error message and application gets close automatically.

Thanks & Regards

Prajakta Roshankhede

Maybe a stupid question, but doesn't every mobile device not already have a print screen action build in to the OS? On mine I have two buttons to press volume down and power button to make a screen print.

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Prajakta Roshankhede wrote:

Hello All,

Thanks & Regards

Prajakta Roshankhede

Maybe a stupid question, but doesn't every mobile device not already have a print screen action build in to the OS? On mine I have two buttons to press volume down and power button to make a screen print.

Hello Deniel, 

This functionality is already available but I want to give print functionality on click of button so that the current screen will be print on paper with the help of printer.

Thanks 

Did you investigate what the errors are you get when using the printer plugin?

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Did you investigate what the errors are you get when using the printer plugin?

I am getting this error message : "A fatal error has occurred. Please contact OutSystems support: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.Object java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object[])' on a null object reference"

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hello,

Can you provide more details about the error or share the code to try to help you?

Also, did you try this component? https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1606/file-viewer-plugin

BR,

Luis

Hello Luis,

Sorry for late reply.

I am using  PrintCurrentPage method of PrinterPlugin and getting "A fatal error has occurred. Please contact OutSystems support: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.Object java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object[])' on a null object reference" this error message. 

Thanks 

Hello Prajakta,

Can you try using javascript window.print() on the button click.

Thanks

Neha 

Neha Rathore wrote:

Hello Prajakta,

Can you try using javascript window.print() on the button click.

Thanks

Neha 

it is not working for Android 

I also wanted this option but abandoned it because of the all the different implementations of Android. I now just create a PDF that the end-user can save. After they have saved it they can do whatever their phone allows them to do with it. Perhaps not the user experience you want to deliver but trying to get it to work on all our used flavors of Android wasn't feasible budget-wise so we cut it.