Hi All,

We are facing issue while uploading .ipa file on TestFlight. Please find attachment for the same.

Scenario :

We are using clevertap cordova plugin(Github). In that, plugin is provide a hook for ios which is mention in plugin.xml file and hook called on js file as mentioned below which plugin script folder.

<hook type="after_plugin_add" src="scripts/iosAfterPluginAdd.js">

We confirmed from clevertap team this hook is used for to remove unwanted architecture from the plugin.

but when I trying to build my app in ios, we got an "XCODE not found error". 

so we come up with solution to remove/comment this hook to build the application and build generated successfully.

But after that we are not able upload .ipa file on TestFlight.

We also create an ticket for the same with outsystems support they give us an below suggestion which mentioned in red color

1. Clone/Pull the latest version of the GIT repo of the plugin to a local folder
  2. In OS X, execute the following commands 
    • lipo -remove i386 SDWebImage.framework -o SDWebImage.framework
    • lipo -remove x86_64 SDWebImage.framework -o SDWebImage.framework
    • lipo -remove i386 SDWebImage.framework -o SDWebImage.framework
    • lipo -remove SDWebImage.framework -o SDWebImage.framework
  3. Zip the plugin folder
  4. Use the zipped file as a resource in the OutSystems plugin wrapper module (instead of using the URL for the repo).
  5. Publish the wrapper module, refresh references in the consumers and rebuild the mobile app.

As per the solution, we have tried following steps -

Siva:ios sivakumar$ cd /Users/sivakumar/Desktop/outsystems/clevertap-cordova-1-master/src/ios

Siva:ios sivakumar$ lipo -info SDWebImage.framework/SDWebImage
Architectures in the fat file: SDWebImage.framework/SDWebImage are: i386 x86_64 armv7 arm64

Siva:ios sivakumar$ lipo -info CleverTapSDK.framework/CleverTapSDK
Architectures in the fat file: CleverTapSDK.framework/CleverTapSDK are: i386 x86_64 armv7 arm64

Siva:SDWebImage.framework sivakumar$ lipo -remove x86_64 SDWebImage -o SDWebImage
Siva:SDWebImage.framework sivakumar$ lipo -remove i386 SDWebImage -o SDWebImage

Siva:SDWebImage.framework sivakumar$ cd /Users/sivakumar/Desktop/outsystems/clevertap-cordova-1-master/src/ios
Siva:ios sivakumar$ lipo -info SDWebImage.framework/SDWebImage
Architectures in the fat file: SDWebImage.framework/SDWebImage are: armv7 arm64

Siva:ios sivakumar$ cd CleverTapSDK.framework/
Siva:CleverTapSDK.framework sivakumar$ lipo -remove x86_64 CleverTapSDK -o CleverTapSDK
Siva:CleverTapSDK.framework sivakumar$ lipo -remove i386 CleverTapSDK -o CleverTapSDK

Siva:CleverTapSDK.framework sivakumar$ cd /Users/sivakumar/Desktop/outsystems/clevertap-cordova-1-master/src/ios
Siva:ios sivakumar$ lipo -info CleverTapSDK.framework/CleverTapSDK

Architectures in the fat file: CleverTapSDK.framework/CleverTapSDK are: armv7 arm64

we still face the issue. Kindly check screenshot.

Solution

Hello Swapnil,

Are you able to provide the new Git repository or the zip used on the plugin to confirm the process of removing the unwanted architectures?

Thanks

Solution

Thank you nuno.

Now Its working fine.