Cursor position not retaining after ajax refresh

Hello All, 

I have a strange behaviour in IE , that i have multiple textboxes on the page and which refreshes part of page on change of these textbox values . 

But when i finish giving any value to textbox then due to OnChange action , ajax refresh is done and cursor is moved to last textbox of the page .

How can i retain Cursor position after ajax refresh in  IE because in chrome it is working fine.

TIA,

Nitesh   

Hi Nitesh,

IE isn't even supported as a browser by Microsoft anymore, so yes, you might see strange things. Just don't use IE ;).

Hi,

In the following link https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/27382/set-focus-after-data-entry/ you have one similar issue with solution.

Hope it helps :)

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Nitesh,

IE isn't even supported as a browser by Microsoft anymore, so yes, you might see strange things. Just don't use IE ;).

Thanks for replying Killian ,

But what if my client only uses IE :)

Tell him to not use ;)

Well, besides that, if you really need to think about IE, I am sorry to say that you are with problems. The IE is not supported anymore and is not supported by OutSystems as well. This means that you will have to find workarounds to problems like that.

I would try the solution pointed by Nélio first then I would try to see around (google) if someone else already had this problem in IE (not necessarily with OutSystems).

IE was a big piece of ... in its time, always running away of any standard, and this didn't improve when it was discontinued... :(

Nitesh Ahirwar wrote:

But what if my client only uses IE :)

Then they use something that's no longer supported or approved by MicroSoft, and is dangerous (security-wise) to use. There's no good reason to use IE for modern projects, it's legacy, to be used only for legacy apps that depend on it.