Extension of the account lockout timer

Hi everyone,

In my mobile app, I have blocked the user if he puts in his user credentials wrong 5 times for 60 minutes. In case the user tries to log in before 60 minutes while he is still blocked the block timer extends further for 60 minutes. Is there a way that the timer should not extend or reset again for 60 minutes.

Thanks & Regards,

Shivya Pant

Hello Shivya,

Did you make that development or you are using some component/feature of Outsystems platform?

If it was made by you, I think you need to check if the user is alredy blocked when you try to block at second time and if it alredy block dont extend the block for more 60 minutes.

Hope it helps.

BR,

Luis

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hello Shivya,

Did you make that development or you are using some component/feature of Outsystems platform?

If it was made by you, I think you need to check if the user is alredy blocked when you try to block at second time and if it alredy block dont extend the block for more 60 minutes.

Hope it helps.

BR,

Luis

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your response. I am using Outsystems brute force protection for doing this. I have manipulated the site properties for the user accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,

Shivya Pant

Shivya Pant wrote:

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hello Shivya,

Hope it helps.

BR,

Luis

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your response. I am using Outsystems brute force protection for doing this. I have manipulated the site properties for the user accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,

Shivya Pant

Hi,

Did it solve this issue?

BR,

Luis