How to add features to my app?

Hello,

I need help with my app. I need to add/change this three things in my app (I spent a lot of time, but I was not able to do it).

1.st I need to change Quantity Unit in ExpenseDetail to dropdown (with options liter, piece, kilogram)

2nd: In Contacts, when the user click on the phone number, it will call to the person.

3rd: In the Expenses, I need to add 3 button - DAY, WEEK, MONTH. When the user click on the day, The user will see only the list of expenses from current day (today) and it will calculate total price only from the current day. When the user click on the week, the user will see only the list of expenses from this week and it will calculate totalprice only from this week. Month - the same...

Can you help me with this please? I will really appreciate, if someone solve this problem in my app.

Thank you very much

Jakub

Jakub Schneider wrote:

Hello,

I need help with my app. I need to add/change this three things in my app (I spent a lot of time, but I was not able to do it).

1.st I need to change Quantity Unit in ExpenseDetail to dropdown (with options liter, piece, kilogram)

2nd: In Contacts, when the user click on the phone number, it will call to the person.

3rd: In the Expenses, I need to add 3 button - DAY, WEEK, MONTH. When the user click on the day, The user will see only the list of expenses from current day (today) and it will calculate total price only from the current day. When the user click on the week, the user will see only the list of expenses from this week and it will calculate totalprice only from this week. Month - the same...

Can you help me with this please? I will really appreciate, if someone solve this problem in my app.

Thank you very much

Jakub

Hi Jakub,

It will really help if you go to the Mobile Development Training to get help on this.

But to answer your questions:

1. Create a static entity e.g. UOMEntity with records (liter, piece, kilograms, etc). Modify your Expenses entity pertaining to that field to UOMEntityID. Drag that field to the UI and it will create a dropdown for you on that Expenses detail list.

2. This I haven't done yet. EDIT: Saw this post

3. Create a drop down with either static values or static entity. Create an action that will filter the expenses list and calculate the total price. Have the three dropdowns call that action on change.

Cheers!

Hi Jakub,

Juan gave you some really nice guidance for your issues.

As an attachment you can find your issues addressed. I didn´t test it with attention, however, it can be a good starting point for you.

Best regards,

João Delgado

João Delgado wrote:

Hi Jakub,

As an attachment you can find your issues addressed. I didn´t test it with attention, however, it can be a good starting point for you.

Best regards,

João Delgado

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help. Now I have only one problem with error in dropdown (which you can see on the image). I do not understand, where is the problem.

Jakub 

Hi,

The error message says that you use the option.content, and the platform version of your environment does not support that. 

you can request to upgrade your environment to the latest version or not fill in the option.content on the properties panel.

regards,

Daniel

João Delgado wrote:

Hi Jakub,

Best regards,

João Delgado

Hi,

Now everything works, but I have only 1 problem. In the 5th column, I have 2 or 3 or 1 or 3 as ID of kilogram,piece or liter. So, instead of 2 I need to have piece, instead of 1, I need to have liter....Can you solve this problem please?

Thank you

Jakub

Solution

Hi Jakub,

You should add the static entity into the data that was fetched from the database. 

I tested with "With or Without" because not all of my data had an unit assign to it. However, you should use Only With.

Then, in the expression you should grab the label of the static entity.

If you want, check in the attached oml how I did it.

Best regards,

João Delgado

Solution

João Delgado wrote:

Hi Jakub,

You should add the static entity into the data that was fetched from the database. 

I tested with "With or Without" because not all of my data had an unit assign to it. However, you should use Only With.

Then, in the expression you should grab the label of the static entity.

If you want, check in the attached oml how I did it.

Best regards,

João Delgado

Perfect.

Thank you very much.

Jakub