hi everybody

I need to pass two variables to a popEditor screen. 

however the value does not reach the Popup screen.

Best Regards

Hello Rodrigo,

Did you refer to a popup (from RichWidgets) or modal?

If it was a popup screen, you need to pass the variables as input parameter of the popup screen.

Are you doing that? 

Br,

Luis

Rodrigo Lima wrote:

hi everybody

I need to pass two variables to a popEditor screen. 

however the value does not reach the Popup screen.

Best Regards

Dear,

Rodrigo,

Pass the variable as input parameters and you can get it into your screen.

Example is attached.

Regards,

Friends,

I was using (PopupEditor), I decided to pass the variables to session variable and managed to solve.

Passing directly as input, the variables were zero. I did not understand this behavior.

Thank you Luis Cardoso e Mohammad Hasib

Rodrigo Lima wrote:

Friends,

I was using (PopupEditor), I decided to pass the variables to session variable and managed to solve.

Passing directly as input, the variables were zero. I did not understand this behavior.

Hello,

Are you Passing some values That you use in the screen (for example expressions)? If you do that you need to refresh the expressions before call the popup screen.

Br,

Luis

HI Rodrigo Lima,

Will you able to provide me an OML file of what you are trying. So I can able to solve it over there. I think that will be best for you. 

Waiting for your response,

Thank you,

Sudip 

Solution

Rodrigo Lima wrote:

Friends,

Hi Rodrigo Lima,

You need to refresh the link 

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/26864/passing-dynamic-data-to-pop-up/

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/21757/problem-trying-to-pass-a-parameter-to-a-pop-up-window/#Post85363

Please, refer the above link

Solution

Hi Rodrigo Lima,

As Ellakkiya Selvadurai suggested, you need to refresh the link/button that calls you popup after any change on the screen inputs that you want to pass.

For example

You have 2 textboxes having a first name and last name and you want to pass these values to a popup. Then you need to create a change screen action which will be called when the values of the textboxes are changes. In the action, you need to refresh both the popup editor widget and the button/link. (better wrap them in a container, give the container a name and refresh it).

Please find the screenshots in the attachments below.

I hope you got it.

Luis Cardoso, pranav pandey and Ellakkiya Selvadurai

Thanks for the answers.

I was not updating the link.

I solved with session variables, but I don't need to use them.

I will update my logic.

Rodrigo Lima wrote:

Luis Cardoso, pranav pandey and Ellakkiya Selvadurai

Thanks for the answers.

I was not updating the link.

I solved with session variables, but I don't need to use them.

I will update my logic.

Hello Rodrigo, 

Good news. So you need to use the value on the screen (I give example of the expression) and refesh the link as others guys said after I refer that.
Good to know that we help you.

BR,

Luis