External DB Connection, not able to get new rows.

Hi,


I have made a DB connection to get a table. Ever since this connection was made, there were new rows which were being added to the existing ones by a normal insert query.

 In outsystems ADV. SQL, I was able to retrieve only that specific data from the table which was present before the connection.

When I checked in from SQL server management studio, I am able to see all rows.

To tell in a sentence, there was a mis-match in the count of rows between the select query from ADV. SQL and from Management studio.


In Service Studio :

DBMS - set to SQL Server / Azure SQL


Thanks & Regards,

Sai

Hi,

If I understood your issue, the way you are using Azure SQL as a external database is impossible to change the tables or add new tables and expected them to be created on azure. the changes only flow in the other direction. changes done on azure can be refreshed in the extension. External databases are used for already existing databases. for example legacy databases that don't change. 

if you want to create new tables you should use your azure sql as the main database of outsystems. this is only possible in version 10 and above.. You need to configure it on configuration tool or contact outsystems to do it on your cloud environment.

Regards,

Nuno Verdasca

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Hi,

If I understood your issue, the way you are using Azure SQL as a external database is impossible to change the tables or add new tables and expected them to be created on azure. the changes only flow in the other direction. changes done on azure can be refreshed in the extension. External databases are used for already existing databases. for example legacy databases that don't change. 

if you want to create new tables you should use your azure sql as the main database of outsystems. this is only possible in version 10 and above.. You need to configure it on configuration tool or contact outsystems to do it on your cloud environment.

Regards,

Nuno Verdasca

Hi Nuno Verdasca,


Thanks for replying. I am not talking about the changes to the database(like altering tables or creating new ones).

The actual data that is present in the table should be present right. But what's happening is, the data which is present before making the DB connection is only being displayed (in out systems), not the data that is added to the table after DB connection. Seems like the DB is not refreshed (am not sure whether its the correct term). Kindly let me know if this is not clear.


Thanks, 

Sai 


Hello Sai,

An idea, check if is correct this configurations for your connection:

Regards.

Agno Silveira wrote:

Hello Sai,

An idea, check if is correct this configurations for your connection:

Regards.


Hello SIlveira,

I have checked them, everything looks good.

A same query executed on a single 'view' in both ADV.SQL of outsystems and in SQL management studio is returning different results. Is there any possible scenario that such a thing might happen.

Thanks, 

Sai