Hi guys,

Just to context, I am using OS latest version, and this is a web app.

So, I have a editable table, with a single column, which has Combo box with the Silk UI Select2 for the autocomplete tool.

Actually my problem is, after add a row to the table, the user wont be able to easily edit it because de combo box is disabled when the row is not being edited. If you need to click the row to edit and the combo box is full filling the cell, the user will have to click on one of the small edges around the combo box and this becomes not functional.

So my question is, there's any way to force the combo box to be always enable to click, as the normal combo boxes actually work (without the select 2) on editable tables?

Thank you a lot for your time.

Best Regards,

JS.

Hello José,

I asume you are using SilkUI (RichWidgets does not have a select2). I tried making a simple eSpace with OutSystemsUI. There I do not see you problem. If switching from SilkUi to OutSystemUi is an option this might solve you problem.

Erik

Erik Brzozowski wrote:

Hello José,

I asume you are using SilkUI (RichWidgets does not have a select2). I tried making a simple eSpace with OutSystemsUI. There I do not see you problem. If switching from SilkUi to OutSystemUi is an option this might solve you problem.

Erik

Thank you for your response.

Yes I meant Silk UI instead of RichWidgets.

And change it is not a solution to my problem beacuse the complexity and effort needed to migrate form Silk UI to OS UI.

Thank you tho :)

Best Regards,

JS.

Solution

Hi Jose,

try adding this to the CSS of your module or screen :

.EditableTable .select2-container-disabled{
    pointer-events: none;
}

it will make the select2 ignore the click when in disabled mode, deferring the click event to the editable table row, that will go into edit mode.  

Regards, Dorine

Solution

Hi Dorine,

Thank you a lot for your out of the box suggestion, it works perfectly.

It keeps the widget disabled, which make sense but ignore the unclick event defined by the disabled class, wow!

Thank you a lot! It was very helpful!

Best Regards,

JS.