Fast way or shortcut/hotkey to add/append multiple inline records

Hi everyone.

TL;DR: The current way of adding an inline record is too much work if the number of records become too many. So is there shortcut to add an inline record without having to click the [+] sign in front of the [Source List]?

From OutSystems 11 onward, we have been granted a way to add a record inline without having to assign to a variable first, which is great and super useful.

Here comes my problem. I need to append lots of record to a list and I use ListAppendAll for it. So I have tried and still haven't found out a way to quickly add an inline record to the list. 

Every time I clicked the [+] sign in front of the [Source List], it added a new record and jump the cursor straight to that newly added record. The current way of adding is great if you only need to add a few records, but in my case, I need to add more than a hundred. And it only get worse because I have to either manually scroll up to the top, or select anything other than the ListAppendAll action and select it again to be shown the top with the [+] sign again.

So I was wondering if there is any shortcut or hotkey like the [Ctrl + Up/Down Arrow] for moving things when it comes to adding inline record?

Another thing I noticed is that when I use the search bar and search for something that already inside a List that is being used by the ListAppendAll, I can see the value of the Source List. And the value is in the JSON format. I can edit the value, but if I do, the all the inline records I added to the ListAppendAll disappear, and I can't get them back. So I wonder if anyone know what is the purpose of the editable JSON format value of the Source List when you are not allowed to edit them.

Sorry for the long text. I just want to make sure that I describe things clearly enough.

Some pictures for clarity.

1. I searched for the text "DOB", and the first result is the value of the Source List.

2. I edit the "DOB" NoOfBytes value from 8 to 1 and the ListAppendAll broke.

Hi Loi,

Why not put all the data in a spreadsheet and bootstrap it. Then change the bootstrap code to not store it to database.

It will provide you with the complete list of data.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Loi,

Why not put all the data in a spreadsheet and bootstrap it. Then change the bootstrap code to not store it to database.

It will provide you with the complete list of data.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniël

But isn't that means I will need to have a spreadsheet available at all times? I'm working with Fixed Length Data so I don't think having a spreadsheet that can be changed is a good idea. The data is kind of need to be hardcode right now.

I know is not a good idea to hardcode things though.

Regards,

Loi

The spreadsheet is added by the bootstrap as resource in your app.