[Firebase Mobile] Can´t generate my app with Android

Forge Component
(20)
Published on 26 May by Patrícia Glória Ferreira
20 votes
Published on 26 May by Patrícia Glória Ferreira

Hi everyone,

I am getting the following error when generating the app for Android.

Before updating the eSpace from 10 to 11, everything was working fine.

Error installing Cordova plugin: cordova-plugin-firebase': TypeError: Cannot read property 'get.

Solution

Hi Abdullah,

That's a known error related with MABS 6, which is still in beta.

Please use MABS 5 in order to build successfully.

Best regards,

David

Solution

Hello,

For anyone wondering, Git tag 1.9 of the plugin was released a while back and generates successfully with MABS 6 GA.

@David: would you say this version is ready? or does it need testing before a Forge release can be done?

Best regards,

Carlos

Hello David,

We are trying to build an Android app with this plugin using MABS 6 (canary version) on OutSystems 10, but getting "Error installing Cordova plugin: cordova-plugin-firebase': TypeError: Cannot read property 'get." error. Is there anything we can do to resolve the error?  

Regards

Ravi

Hi Ravi,

Which version of the component are you using?

Right now I advise to use:

• version 1.0.6 with MABS 5
  • version 1.0.7 with MABS 6

In the case you're using OutSystems 10, unfortunately I'm unable to submit an updated version to the Forge that's compatible with that version. As a solution, you can change the github link on the FirebaseMobile module's extensibility configurations to https://github.com/TruewindIT/cordova-plugin-firebase#1.9.

Cumps

David

Hi David,

Since we are on OutSystems platform 10.0.1016.0, we are using 1.0.4

Regards

Ravi

Hi Ravi,

Please change the github link on the FirebaseMobile module's extensibility configurations to https://github.com/TruewindIT/cordova-plugin-firebase#1.9.

Thanks David. I was able to compile an application using the firebase plugin once I updated to 1.9

Hi David / Pieter,

Under my Firebase Mobile module component i did not find any json, how can i update it to the specified url.Default MABS version it is picking now it is Version: 1.0.1, MABS Version: 5.2., I am getting  Error installing Cordova plugin: cordova-plugin-firebase': TypeError: Cannot read property 'get...

Thanks

harish

Hi Harish,

You don't actually have to configure any json since the latest version of the Forge component (1.0.7) already points to 1.9 repository release.

In any case, the configuration of the json is done in the module's extensibility configurations, a setting that can be found in the module's "Advanced" settings:

Regards

David

Thanks David . now i have changed the firebasemobile module version to 1.9 in specified location, now we are able to generate android build.

Regards

Harish

David,

Now we are getting the following error - Error installing Cordova plugin: cordova-plugin-firebase. ., could you please help me solving this.

Thanks

Harish

Hi Harish,

Weren't you able to generate the android build?.

Harish Yerra wrote:

Thanks David . now i have changed the firebasemobile module version to 1.9 in specified location, now we are able to generate android build.

Regards

Harish

Hi David,

After updating firebasemobile module again from forge i am able to generate android build.

Thanks

Harish