Bootstrapping the updated excel sheets easily.

Hi everyone,

In order to bootstrap the excel sheets every time we receive an updated excel sheet, I have modified the bootstrap action by placing the delete in order to empty the table and then creating the freshly updated records into the table. But it seems every time we publish the module I get an error in the service log about unable to delete due to foreign key constraints which are very much anticipated. So, how can I solve this issue that every time we publish the module it should check whether there is a change in the resource, if yes then the only bootstrap. 

Thanks & Regards,

Shivya Pant

Hi Shivya

Is there anything in excel and entity records that you can use to identify if an excel record already exists in the entity? If yes, then rather than have a delete step, have an additional step before your Create which includes an If Clause to identify if record already exists,then do not create Create, else create the record

Sam Long wrote:

Hi Shivya

Is there anything in excel and entity records that you can use to identify if an excel record already exists in the entity? If yes, then rather than have a delete step, have an additional step before your Create which includes an If Clause to identify if record already exists,then do not create Create, else create the record

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your reply. But I wanted to update the tables even if it has records. Only the new updated values should be entered.

Regards

Shivya Pant wrote:

Sam Long wrote:

Hi Shivya

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your reply. But I wanted to update the tables even if it has records. Only the new updated values should be entered.

Regards

Sorry just to clarify, are you looking to 

1. Add New records from Excel if record doesn't already exist in the entity and 2. Match a record from Excel which already exists in an entity. If any of the values in the Excel record diff to the Attribute values in the entity record, then Update the entity record with the Excel record values.

?