[Ultimate PDF] UltimatePDF Reference to https://storage.googleapis.com/

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 10 Feb by Ricardo Costa
13 votes
Published on 10 Feb by Ricardo Costa

Dears,

We are using Ultimate pdf to convert html to pdf. It goes to https://storage.googleapis.com to check the chromium version while setting the local browser.

Our Information Security team is asking what exactly is being to google apis and what does apis do to set up the local browser.

Could you please provide the details? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Zubair

Solution

Hi Zubair.

It uses that URL to download Chromium binaries. This allows the component to work without requiring any setup.

If you can't have that dependency, you're going to have to provide the binaries yourself. You can use the action SetupDefaultChromiumBrowserRevision or SetupBrowserRevision to provide the binaries without requiring a connection to any external server. You only need to do this once per environment.

Solution

Leonardo Fernandes wrote:

Hi Zubair.

It uses that URL to download Chromium binaries. This allows the component to work without requiring any setup.

If you can't have that dependency, you're going to have to provide the binaries yourself. You can use the action SetupDefaultChromiumBrowserRevision or SetupBrowserRevision to provide the binaries without requiring a connection to any external server. You only need to do this once per environment.

Dear Leonardo,

Thanks for your response.I used SetupBrowserRevision action and passed the binaries as zip to this server action. It is working fine. However the component is always expecting the files under C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\.local-chromium, and since its under Windows Temp dierctory there is risk folder might be deleted during temporary files clean up on the server.

Is there a way we can change the directory path for this component. I tried to modify chrlauncher.ini by giving full path as ChromiumDirectory = D:\.local chromium instead of ChromiumDirectory=.\bin but I encountered the error below

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\.local-chromium\Win64-637110\chrlauncher-win64-stable-ungoogled\chrlauncher - official website - donation.url'.

Any inputs on changing the directory will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zubair

Zubair, it's not possible to change that path at the moment. I might add that feature in future versions.

Leonardo Fernandes wrote:

Zubair, it's not possible to change that path at the moment. I might add that feature in future versions.

Dear Leonardo, Thanks for updates. Regards,Zubair