My team is working on a reactive web project where they have to create custom theme and screen templates using Custom Screen Templates Reactive. I am using below flow for implementation so if anyone know this is correct or not then please let me know or suggest correction:

• Create clone of Custom Screen Template Reactive
  • Create a custom theme (call it MyCustomTheme) in it with OutSystemsUI as base theme and layout set to none. This theme can also be created in separate module but I need suggested which one is the best place
  • Set MyCustomTheme as default theme of custom screen template clone
  • Create custom screen template as explained on this link
  • Create a new reactive web app project
  • Add depedency of MyCustomTheme in this project
  • In this rective web app project create another theme and set MyCustomTheme as its base theme and set layout to any layout of choice like LayoutSiteMenu or LayoutTopMenu
  • Create screen using custom template created as those will be listed category wise when I will create new screen

Hi,

Did you check the component documentation? Check it here. It has all the need steps.

Regards,

Marcelo

Thanks Ferreira for your reply. I have checked this documentation and create my custom template using this only. My question is beyond what is explained on this link. This documentation explains how to create custom screen template with custom theme but when we use these custom themed screen templates in application there are so many cases to take care otherwise we can't use these custom templates. I was facing these issue for last few days and after reading this link (How Screen Templates Work) I came up with the approach I have explained above.

So I need some one who can just validate what I am doing is correct or not. Please help to validate above pointers.

Hi,

What you want is to first create a custom application template as described here. Add a theme to this template that depends of Outsystems UI.

Than follow the steps to create custom screen templates that depend of this new theme you created.

Create a reactive application with this template. So everything that is on this template will be on that new app. theme,widgets, references etc.

Create a screen, if you follow all the steps to create screen templates, you should see your template on the list of options.

Regards,

Marcelo

Ok, I got your point. But I still have one doubt what is the need of creating new application template. This is optional right? We can achieve our goal without this also.

No is not mandatory. Is just nice to have when you have multiple applications with the same theme and layouts.