Update modules (Environment was updated to new version)

Recently our environment was upgrade to version 11.0.609.0

What would be the correct way to update our modules and also the outsystem dependencies?

For simplicity lets take OutSystemUiWeb as the OS dependencies which is reference from our Modules for simplicity lets call the Module AppModuleA.

Firstly i've tried the solution way from DEV servicecenter. I added the AppModuleA, OutSystemUiWeb to solution published it , checked Lifetime and our 

DEV env :

AppModuleA Version 1.03+

OutSystemUiWeb Version 1.03+

Testing env:

AppModuleA Version 1.01

OutSystemUiWeb Version 1.01

So I proceed to download the solution, upload and publish to Testing ServiceCenter->Solutions

Check Lifetime (The below is not the exact version number but it's kind of weird)

DEV env :

AppModuleA Version 1.03+

OutSystemUiWeb Version 1.03+

Testing env:

AppModuleA Version 1.02+

OutSystemUiWeb Version 1.02+

I was expecting the Testing env to have the same version as the Dev env. The app works, the dependencies are refresh but the version is incorrect.

In the end to avoid confusion, redeploy the app from Dev->Testing to make both env have the same version number.

So question is how do I really do this type of publishing/deployment when we upgrade our environment? 

Solution

Hi Kelvin,

When you already have a different version on DEV and on TEST, it is normal that when you upgrade via Solution packs, the versions will still be different.

By deploying via LifeTime, you manange the versions of the application in the correct way. When you do a solution publish, you by-pass the version-control mechanisms.

1. The correct way to go is, do a full solution publish on DEV.

2. Deploy to TEST via LifeTime, not by downloading a solution from DEV and then upload to TEST.

Hope this clarifies the issue you are facing.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Solution