Send email with Richmail

Send email with Richmail

How do you send email with richmail?

I added the following actions: RichMailAuthenticate, followed by RichMailCreated, and RichMailSend.

However I can not figure out what to input for the "kind" property under RichMailAuthenticate, is there an example or document available to explain each property?

Hi Robert,

In attachment you can find a sample on how to send an email using the richmail extension.

Tiago Simões

thanks Tiago

using gmail so it requires authentication, therefore added "RichMailAuthenticate" however got this message

Unsupported Authentication Type specified
at ssSendEmail.RssExtensionRichMail.MssRichMailSend(HeContext heContext, String inParamServer, String inParamMail, String inParamIdentity, String& outParamMailId)
at ssSendEmail.Flows.FlowI_Send_Mail_Message.ScrnSend_Mail_Message.CommandSend_Submit(HeContext heContext)
at ssSendEmail.Flows.FlowI_Send_Mail_Message.ScrnSend_Mail_Message.wtButton5_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.WebWidgets.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS: (use authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
Port: 465 or 587

Have you seen this post on richmail smtp authentication? I believe the protocol gmail uses is not supported, I'm not sure if anyone has created an extension to do this authentication yet.

Tiago Simões

Hi Robert Chanphakeo

Take a look at this post.
Send mail from ASP.NET using your gmail account
"So secret to get mail working against gmail is: port 465 - server and ssl = true."

Richmail extension doesn't have the ssl parameters

You need create a extension to implement this
Rui David

Rui David,

thanks the issue has been revolved with an extension.