How to create excel file from Database entity

Hi,

Can anybody help me to create a Excel file in Outsystems with data of Database entity? I have downloaded advance Excel forge but unable to use it. Also tried with the Record List to Excel but no result.  If somebody can help me in this will appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Yasmeen mirza

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Hi Yasmeen,

This link explains how to use RecordListToExcel.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_export_entity_data_to_Excel

Hi,

Thanks for early reply!

tried already but issue is that the ' Record List to Excel' is in Server Action and the 'Download' Widget is in Client action, then how can I download the excel file after creating? Because we will require those excel file for later use.

Solution

Hi Yasmeen,

Check out the attached oml.

Create an output parameter with datatype "binary data". convert recordListto excel and then assign it to output parameter. Use that output binary data in download widget.

Hope it helps.

Regards

seema

Solution

Please check the screen and you will get that how to store it into the Machine for future use. 

I hope it will solve your Issues. 

Thank you,

sudip

Seema Pandey wrote:

Hi Yasmeen,

Check out the attached oml.

Create an output parameter with datatype "binary data". convert recordListto excel and then assign it to output parameter. Use that output binary data in download widget.

Hope it helps.

Regards

seema

Thank you Seema, it is working now :-)