Best practice to generalize a BPT

Hi there,

The requirement is to have a generalized BPT to connect to with different Outsystems applications which are in different Databases. So is it better to create a Service module with BPT in another database and connect to respective applications or is there any better approach? Please advice

For web application

Outsystems 11 ver  11.6.17

Thanks in advance!

Hi Diyab,

Could you please elaborate you business case ? what do you mean by generalize BPT ?. I worked a lot on BPT and can help you once i know the exact use case.

What kind of workflow you want to design and what kind of operations you want to perform in other Outsystems applications using the BPT process.

Also when you say "Outsystems Applications in different db" do you mean they in separate Outsystems environment or in the same environment having different entities? 

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi,

You can have BPT at the end user layer for your applications and than have a orchestration application with BPT that can orchestrate workflow for the end user layer applications.

Regards,

Daniel

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Pramod,

Please find my response in blue text.

Could you please elaborate you business case ? what do you mean by generalize BPT ?. I worked a lot on BPT and can help you once i know the exact use case.

A single BPT to handle multiple applications. For eg leave request and Pruchase request are two different application in different database and should call a common BPT

What kind of workflow you want to design and what kind of operations you want to perform in other Outsystems applications using the BPT process.

From other Outsystems application, this BPT process will be called

Also when you say "Outsystems Applications in different db" do you mean they in separate Outsystems environment or in the same environment having different entities? 

Same environment with different databases not entities.

On the other hand, I tried creating a BPT in service module but Human Activity is not available

Thanks!

Regards,

-PJ-

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

You can have BPT at the end user layer for your applications and than have a orchestration application with BPT that can orchestrate workflow for the end user layer applications.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

You mean create a BPT in end user layer and create a BPT in Orchestration layer which will call the process in the end user layer? Please correct me if I'm wrong and it would be great if you could share an OML. 

Actually  I tried creating a BPT in service module but Human Activity is not available or should I be creating the BPT in normal module?

Thanks!

Hi again,

Human activities are not possible in service module for the obvious reason that you can not create screens in a service module.

If your PBT requires human activities or sending email, it should always be in an responsive module.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Diyab,

I agree with Daniel that Human Activity is not possible in the Service module. You can accept its dependency as a screen module and create some variable for its parameter and add that value dynamically. In this way, it can be possible for the same kind of workflow.

I hope this will help you,

Thank you,

Sudip