Reative web popup data entry form question

Hi,

I have an Entity named Categories.  It has 3 fields ID,Category,IsInactive.   I have a screen with a table records.  I have a button at the top of the screen in the screen actions placeholder "Add New Category"  When that button is pressed it toggles the popup through the local variable "PopupOpen"  The popup form has one input field "Category".  The popup save button runs a client action.  In the client action I have a server action "createorupdatecategory" followed by assign which toggles the form closed.   I have two issues.  The first time I added a record it worked perfectly.. Then I realized when I tried to add the second.

1 The data was stillin the input field.  How do i reset?

2 Changes that i make update the record. I cant add new records?

Thanks 

Rob

Rob Rough wrote:

Hi,

I have an Entity named Categories.  It has 3 fields ID,Category,IsInactive.   I have a screen with a table records.  I have a button at the top of the screen in the screen actions placeholder "Add New Category"  When that button is pressed it toggles the popup through the local variable "PopupOpen"  The popup form has one input field "Category".  The popup save button runs a client action.  In the client action I have a server action "createorupdatecategory" followed by assign which toggles the form closed.   I have two issues.  The first time I added a record it worked perfectly.. Then I realized when I tried to add the second.

1 The data was stillin the input field.  How do i reset?

2 Changes that i make update the record. I cant add new records?

Thanks 

Rob

I missed a part.  I also have a refresh for the GetCategories Aggregate on main form which also works

Hi Rob,

When you put PopupOpen to true to open the popup you also need to clean the record you use on the action createorupdatecategory. This way every time you click on the new category you will have a new empty record for it.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for the reply...  How do I accomplish the clean inputfieldname=""?  I am kind of still stuck.  Also I cant find the Split Screen Widget. I have read up on it and it says that is available for reactive and mobile but its not in menu on left side.

Thanks 

Rob

Solution

Rob Rough wrote:

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for the reply...  How do I accomplish the clean inputfieldname=""?  I am kind of still stuck.  Also I cant find the Split Screen Widget. I have read up on it and it says that is available for reactive and mobile but its not in menu on left side.

Thanks 

Rob

Hello Rob,

I agree with Marcelo, you have to clean the record by assigning all attributes to either with empty string or nulltextidentifier(). You can also clean record after creating new Category. 

I attached below sample code image for the same.

Regards

Prajakta Roshankhede

Solution

Rob Rough wrote:

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks 

Rob

And for screen split pattern you will not be able to see it in left tab(Widget tab). It is available on the right hand side under OutsystemsMobileUI menu -> Adaptive-> ScreenSplit as per the below image

In reactive web app even I can not see. 

Regards

Prajakta Roshankhede

Prajakta Roshankhede wrote:

Rob Rough wrote:

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks 

Rob

And for screen split pattern you will not be able to see it in left tab(Widget tab). It is available on the right hand side under OutsystemsMobileUI menu -> Adaptive-> ScreenSplit as per the below image

Regards

Prajakta Roshankhede

Prajakta,

That was very helpful.  I am still very much in the learning stages.  I have completed many of the courses but still I struggle.  I appeciate your help

Thanks Again

Rob

Rob Rough wrote:

Prajakta Roshankhede wrote:

Rob Rough wrote:

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks 

Rob

Regards

Prajakta Roshankhede

Prajakta,

That was very helpful.  I am still very much in the learning stages.  I have completed many of the courses but still I struggle.  I appeciate your help

Thanks Again

Rob

No big deal, i am happy it did help you.

Happy coding and have nice day.

-Prajakta