Unable to set multi-lines inputs in Editable Table
Question

Hi all,

I had follow the steps in https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_have_multiline_inputs_in_Editable_Table

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the expected result. The row still automatically save, when I pressed 'Enter'. 

Attached is my sample:

Cheers,

Ee Ping.

Solution

Hi. To stop the save on Enter press, changing from keyup to keydown should do the trick. 

"<script language='javascript'>
$('#" + myTextArea.Id + "').keydown(function (e) {
  if (e.keyCode == 13) {
    e.stopPropagation();
  }
})
</script>"

Now to have a multi-line input, you need to set the Text Lines property to 2+ and you won't need any JS. 

Gabriel

Hi, for me is working perfectly in a Traditional Web app:

Solution

Hi. To stop the save on Enter press, changing from keyup to keydown should do the trick. 

"<script language='javascript'>
$('#" + myTextArea.Id + "').keydown(function (e) {
  if (e.keyCode == 13) {
    e.stopPropagation();
  }
})
</script>"

Now to have a multi-line input, you need to set the Text Lines property to 2+ and you won't need any JS. 

Gabriel

Hi Gabriel & Nelson,

I guess the main point is set the text line property to 2+ and I was able to have multi-line without any JS.
Thank you for both of your help!

Cheers,
Ee Ping.

Off the top of my head, I know you can write the text block outside of the table and drag it in. Not the best solution, but it'll work if you really need to do it

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.