If I stop using agile platform and export code will code have concurrent limit?

If I stop using agile platform and export code will code have concurrent limit?

Hi everyone

I want to use Agile to build a couple web apps, however I think the Agile platform pricing is extremely expensive and completely unrealistic if one was to build a; news, digg/reddit or forum site.

Or even a site where people share and comment on photos.

If I get 1,000 concurrent users, at the minimum cost would be $24,000 a month which seems extremely high. If I were to build a forum this is quiet a possibility.

Now if I use Rackspace cloud sites, I can run a database heavy site with as many concurrent users as I want can load approximately 2.1 Million pages for $100 a month all up. Now that seems awesome to me.

So for $24,000 a month on hosting an app how many pageview do you think i would get at Rackspace.

Anyway the question comes to this, Agile says that you are not locked into the platform as Agile will give you the source code in ASP.net or Java, so can i develop and create new features for my webapps using agile and just export the code and run them on Rackspace. (rackspace supports asp.net)

If I was to develop a web app with agile (free version) will my app be limited in any way such as page views or concurrent users ( even though it would be running on Rackspace and not AGile platform)

thanks to everyone in advance, also i would probably but Agile if they were selling it but dont like the idea of paying $$ for concurrent users or named users. It just wouldnt work on forum or social site.
"If I was to develop a web app with agile (free version) will my app be limited in any way such as page views or concurrent users ( even though it would be running on Rackspace and not AGile platform) "

short answer - No. The source code is not limited in anyway.

I can not comment on the pricing, however for the record here are some real life website statistics

Digg.com has
# Over 22 million users.
# 230 million plus page views per month
# 26 million unique visitors per month
# Several billion page views per month

eBay.com has
# 212 million registered users
# 1 billion page views a day, 105 million listings, 2 petabytes of data, 3 billion API calls a month

Plenty of fish has
# 30+ Million Hits a Day (serves 500 - 600 pages per second)
# 1.1 billion page views and 45 million visitors a month
This looks like an old post, not sure where this pricing is coming from? The only way I see this happening is if he is using unlimited users with like 1.2 million software units. Maybe the pricing used to be bandwidth based???

~Mark
@Mark, the previous model use to charge for concurrent users.

Now outsystems charge per registered user, and you can purchase unlimited user.
http://www.outsystems.com/agile-platform-editions
Hello,

Version 6.0 charges per registered user.. and version 7.0?
I couldn't find the answer on this pricing page.
http://www.outsystems.com/agile-platform-editions

Thank you!
Carolina
Hi, Indeed this is an old post... :)
The licensing model is not directly bound to the version of the platform. As such, I would ask you to contact OutSystems to understand what licensing options there are.
Cheers
@Goncalo

I'm glad outsystems got rid of the old concurrent users model :)