Combo box inside list records - Onchange is not returning selected value from combobo

Hello All,

Requirement : There is a list of records - One of the record attribute is also a list which need to be represented in combo box- refer screens shot. 

every record will have its own combo box as shown and i am maintaining on change of combo box as well.

Question : How do i get selected values from each combo box ?

I tried maintaining Local variables for each combo box - but its not returning me selected values on "On change" event.

Also, Its showing me this warning when i try with the local variable.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Vani

Vani Mankad,

try to Set the list value to the combo box variable

Hi Suhas,

I tried but that also not working out. On change is not returning me selected value.

Thanks,

Vani

Hi Vani,

You need to assign variable which is associated to the widget list not to local variable. You will get the selected ID or value and also please make sure in On Change event you need to look into binded attribute for the current row.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal 

Hey Thanks Rajat,

Trying in that direction only. but somehow it always returns first value of the list while hitting On change event.

Solution

If the variable you are using in the Combo and in the OnChange action is a field from the table record it works.   

Solution

Vani Mankad wrote:

Hey Thanks Rajat,

Trying in that direction only. but somehow it always returns first value of the list while hitting On change event.

Please look into it may be you are doing small mistake and also try to use current row number.

Vani Mankad wrote:

Hello All,

Requirement : There is a list of records - One of the record attribute is also a list which need to be represented in combo box- refer screens shot. 

every record will have its own combo box as shown and i am maintaining on change of combo box as well.

Question : How do i get selected values from each combo box ?

I tried maintaining Local variables for each combo box - but its not returning me selected values on "On change" event.

Also, Its showing me this warning when i try with the local variable.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Vani

Hi,

You fulfill the combo box where? And using what? A aggregate or an list?

if you use a list, you can get the current position of list and filter the list using the combo box identifier.

Can you show for what you will use the this requirement?

Cheers

Thank You everyone.

Finally the issue is resolved. 

As per my requirement, i had to append additional list to the service response list and hence the list was appending and getting formed every time due to which it was always returning the first number.

Just FYI. The solution was to use widget list attribute for sure. But It was not required to refer current row inside the On change event as it is always the current row's combo box on change event gets executed and you get the current selected value directly.

Thank you so much everyone for helping hand. It indeed pointed me to look into right direction to analyse.

Regards,

Vani

Vani Mankad wrote:

Thank You everyone.

Finally the issue is resolved. 

As per my requirement, i had to append additional list to the service response list and hence the list was appending and getting formed every time due to which it was always returning the first number.

Just FYI. The solution was to use widget list attribute for sure. But It was not required to refer current row inside the On change event as it is always the current row's combo box on change event gets executed and you get the current selected value directly.

Thank you so much everyone for helping hand. It indeed pointed me to look into right direction to analyse.

Regards,

Vani

Great news!

If the help coming from any answer here, please mark as soluction!

Thanks

Everyone pointed correctly, Thanks for that.

However, Marking the solution of Maria da Graça Peixoto as visulas always makes solution more clear.

Thanks,

Vani

Vani Mankad wrote:

Everyone pointed correctly, Thanks for that.

However, Marking the solution of Maria da Graça Peixoto as visulas always makes solution more clear.

Thanks,

Vani

Great!