Is there a way to disable the Service Help Page and also .asmx?wsdl definitions?

Hi,

I have expose a SOAP web service. Now it shows help page with definition ,.asmx?wsdl definitions etc in the url.

Is there a way to disable the Service Help Page and also .asmx?wsdl definitions?

Kind regards.

Solution

Hi Alexander,

I don't think there is a direct way to disable help page & wsdl but I think you can use SEO URLs section in service center to redirect all request to help or wsdl page to some page with custom message.

Solution

Hi Nikhil, 

Using SEO URLs section in service center seems to work, however I noticed that after configure a redirect rule I can no longer revert or redirect to another URL, it may be a bug in this feature.

After deleting or changing the rules I have restart the services but has no effect.

Anyway thanks for the tip.

Alexander Ilg wrote:

Hi Nikhil, 

Using SEO URLs section in service center seems to work, however I noticed that after configure a redirect rule I can no longer revert or redirect to another URL, it may be a bug in this feature.

After deleting or changing the rules I have restart the services but has no effect.

Anyway thanks for the tip.

Let me try this once at my end when I get time. Because I haven't faced such issues with SEO URLs before.