Using the Users table

Using the Users table

I'm trying to use the Users entity to create a basic login for an eSpace. I'm running into a problem though trying to set the password. Even though I'm assigning a specific value to the password entity before I run the createorupdate widget, when I check the table itself, the password value is always empty. I can tell by the admin account though that the system is using some sort of hash system to protect the passwords. Is this the reason why I can't set specific passwords, or is there a different step that I'm missing?

I also noticed that when I'm typing into the password field, it is using plain text instead of asterisks or some other symbol. Is there a way to mask the input as you type?

Thanks

Josh
"I can tell by the admin account though that the system is using some sort of hash system to protect the passwords. Is this the reason why I can't set specific passwords, or is there a different step that I'm missing? "

I'm not sure what you did but in regards to hashing, did you use
Encrypt("your password")?

"I also noticed that when I'm typing into the password field, it is using plain text instead of asterisks or some other symbol. Is there a way to mask the input as you type? "

Make sure you are using an "Input Password" widget rather than your standard "Input" widget.
[ Right click on your login webflow page and select "Input Password" widget ]

Thank you for your help Robert.

That was the piece that I was missing in setting passwords in the user table.

I can't believe that I missed the password textbox item on the toolbar.

Josh