image upload store in database and showing with list page

Sudip Dey

Jorge Martins

one more help I need, please
chose a file from my PC or drive and on red mark image preview when I chose an image and store my database and where yellow mark image showing on list

First of all, I apologize for not being any of the people you ask for help. Still, I leave you here something that can help you solve your problem.

Cheers,
Nuno Verdasca

Hi Hafiz,

In entity , take binary type column for image respect of file id

after that you will have to save image as binary in entity once it saved you need to table record to show data.

in table of image column take a widget image and set their option to show images by database

here set of current table record binary data from entity.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi,

You want to upload image and that it appears on yellow square? 

If so, in the save action you must use a aggregator refresh and a ajax refresh for the tablerecords widget.

Hi Hafiz,

I'd suggest you explore the Directory sample app on the Forge. It has that same use case, with a little extra of being able to crop the image.

This component also seems to do what you want? (Disclaimer: I've never used it, basing the suggestion on the description the team provides).

Hope this helps.

Hi Hafiz,

Try to use 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/3717/file-upload-and-image-preview-on-choosefile

Component to preview the image.

and then ajax refresh your list.

Hope it helps

Regards

Seema

Hi Hafiz,

I hope you already got your answer as there are many helpful comments above. I just want to add one thing here that is, if you have to show images in a list then don't show them directly from database using aggrigate.

I am saying this because "When you fetch the data to display the image in list, your aggrigate will fetch all the images for the records you have selected which will make the response heavy and response time will be very high". 

Suppose each of your image is of 200KB and you are selecting 10 records at a time, this will lead to a response size of more then 2MB, which is too high for any web request.

Hi,

Please check the OML file. I have made it for you,

I hope it will help you,

Thank you,

Sudip

Sudip Dey wrote:

Hi,

I hope it will help you,

Thank you,

Sudip

thanks you so much 

Sudip Dey wrote:

Hi,

I hope it will help you,

Thank you,

Sudip

i am working with this pleaze tell me what we do what mistake in this

Okie I will check it and let you know

Sudip Dey wrote:

Okie I will check it and let you know

thanks 

Registration is working fine. what do you want next to it? Please let me know...

yes registration is working.. but how to register person  not using default user or system user

how login with these registration users

Solution

If you don't want to use the System User Module, Then you have to do lots of work done to get the User section completed. Before using the Custom users without using the user's system table, you have to understand the scope of the project. Do you wants to use the role and  BPT in your Application? If you want that then it is better to use a System user entity.

if you want to use a user entity you can able to use the Built-in function for login.

Thank you,

Sudip

Solution

Thank you so much:)

can you teach me how to do that ?? please

i have one more problem how i do that if i publish oml automatic logout last user

I have login with admin or any other user

when I again publish my oml the user already login

my registration page is the Home page

i say when i publish my oml user automatic log out

and who one else use my Oml open another browser they don't see any user login it means user automatic logout

Hi Hafiz,

These questions are mostly independent from the original post and would be better as new topics, instead of a follow up to a topic that already has a post marked as solution. In the future, please post new questions as new topics, it will be easier for others to find the answer for their questions as well :)

--/--

That being said, Login/Logout affect the session... but when you publish a new version of your OML, the existing sessions are not reset automatically.

You can check this forum thread about logging out specific users, you should be able to extrapolate for a scenario where you logout everyone.

You may need to learn to use Timers, especially with a schedule of "When Published". You have documentation on timers here, and also a very thorough Medium article here on when they are executed.

Hope this helps.