How to create tenant of module of custom user provider in service center

Hi all,

I am learning a how to make application multi-tenancy and I am successfully build the application using User-provider 'Users' but now I want to create custom user provider rather default one. So I create one module set to Is user provider to Yes and User provider module to 'current'. Making another application for multi-tenancy and set user provider property to my custom user provider module.

But now I want create tenant of that Multi-tenant application so I go to service center of that module but there is no tab 'Tenant'.

Is if we use User Provider Users then only Tenant tab shows in service center?

Hi Kishor,

Go to user module by default tenant here is the option for create new tenant.

Please find attached for reference 

hope this will help you

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Kishor,

Go to user module by default tenant here is the option for create new tenant.

Please find attached for reference 

hope this will help you

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi Rahul,

Thank you your quick reply.

I know this when UserProvider is 'User' we able to create Tenant but my question when we use our own UserProvider not 'User' then Tenant tab not shown in service center.

Solution

Hi Kishore ,

Kindly go through this support document (https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/How_to_Build_a_Multi-tenant_Application#Custom_User_Providers) link .This will help you understanding how to design a multi tenant application with custom user provider.

Part of the document pasting here..

Custom User Providers

When using a custom User Provider application, you need to identify the end-user and perform the binding to the correct tenant. There are two distinct options to this:

• User_Login: The User_Login action of the default Users application automatically binds an end-user to the correct tenant. If the login is successful, all queries are automatically filtered to only return data from the tenant;
  • TenantSwitch: The TenantSwitch System Action changes the context the specified tenant.

Your customized login might let the end-user specify to which tenant he intends to access. If the end-user specifies a username, password and tenant, then you can univocally find which user is trying to log in (even if there are two end-users with the same username in different tenants). 

Managing Tenants and End-Users

Front Office 

It is also possible to implement logic for self provisioning: end-users register and manage their own tenants.

In this situation, there is a front office where end-users specify the tenant name and the administration credentials. A new tenant is immediately created.

Once the end-user has a new tenant, he can perform user management but only for that tenant: he is not able to manage end-users created in other tenants.

Back Office

For managing tenants you can create a Single-Tenant back office where new tenants are created. In these situations there is a tenant manager that is able to create new tenants, and specify which end-users belong to which tenants. The tenant manager is able to manage all end-users across tenants.

Also, in the back office there has to be a Single-tenant eSpace to create administrative users (tenant managers). 

Regards,

-PJ-

Solution

Hi Kishor,

this is generic tenant when you will create here it will access from all module.

also follow the link - 

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/How_to_Build_a_Multi-tenant_Application

hope this  will help you.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi,

That helped a lot, I now understand the mechanics of this thing.

Thank you Pramod and Rahul.

Hi,

You can explore this Forge component and I hope it will be clear to understand the Tenant creation mechanism.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/461/multitenant-management

I hope it will help you to get an idea.

Thank you,

Sudip

Hi Kishore,

Good to hear that you understand the mechanism , now could you please mark any of the post yo as solution which you think was relevant for you. That will help us closing this thread.

Regards,

-PJ-