MySql

How do I use MySql as the db server?

Thanks

Hi Chuck,

You can take a look into this topic on How to connect MySQL to an OutSystems project.

Cheers,

Tiago Simões 

Thanks.
I had already found that topic and watched the session at the link . It doesn't match v4.2. Besides, it is using SQL Server and my problem is connecting with MySql. Anytime I try to create a new extension it is requiring me to provide either an Oracle server or an SQL server. I'm still struggling.

Hi Chuck,

In principle, integration with MySQL is only supported through custom coding in Integration Studio. Meaning you have to create a structure that has the same attributes than your table in MySQL, and code an Action that connects to MySQL through ODBC, queries the table, and fills the Structure.

You can try, however, another way which is not officially supported for MySQL, but is known to work in some scenarios:

• Create a dblink in your SQL Server or ORACLE Server to the MySQL database
  • Grant read and insert permissions on that dblink to the platform hubruntime user
  • Launch Integration Studio and run the Import Entities from Database wizard
  • In the servers screen of the wizard, you will see the dblink; select it and go on with the wizard
  • Publish your extension and consume it in an eSpace using Service Studio
  • For more detailed instructions on a similar scenario, check this thread

As an extra note, the SQL Server / ORACLE Integration Studio is asking you about in the extension properties is the database server kind where you have the Agile Platform installed over. It has no relation with the database server from which you are importing the external tables.

Cheers,

Rodrigo Castelo wrote:

Hi Chuck,

In principle, integration with MySQL is only supported through custom coding in Integration Studio. Meaning you have to create a structure that has the same attributes than your table in MySQL, and code an Action that connects to MySQL through ODBC, queries the table, and fills the Structure.

You can try, however, another way which is not officially supported for MySQL, but is known to work in some scenarios:

• Create a dblink in your SQL Server or ORACLE Server to the MySQL database
  • Grant read and insert permissions on that dblink to the platform hubruntime user
  • Launch Integration Studio and run the Import Entities from Database wizard
  • In the servers screen of the wizard, you will see the dblink; select it and go on with the wizard
  • Publish your extension and consume it in an eSpace using Service Studio
  • For more detailed instructions on a similar scenario, check this thread

As an extra note, the SQL Server / ORACLE Integration Studio is asking you about in the extension properties is the database server kind where you have the Agile Platform installed over. It has no relation with the database server from which you are importing the external tables.

Cheers,

Hello all,

we are starting a new project and we can choose from two DB Mysql and Oracle. 

I just wanted to clarify if I use Mysql creating either an dblink or by customizing code if I then have the auto complete functionality available in ServiceStudio like drag and drop and it creates the query automatically? or do i have to create everything manually?

also is Oracle Express Edition supported?

I am sorry for my english and i hope i have made my self clear.

I really appreciate yout help.

merci

au revoir.
anybody??

thank you.

Bonfait France wrote:
anybody??

thank you.

Hi Bonfait!

If you code an extension to connect to a MySQL DB you'll not be able to use the drag and drop to create the queries automatically, you will have to create some mechanisms in the extension that allow you to do that. Probably if you use the dblink you'll not be able too but I'm not sure, I hope someone else can clarify it to you.

Hope I've helped,
Regards

João Martins
Hi Bonfait,

Yes, Oracle Express is supported. I suggest you select Oracle Express isntead of MySQL since it is further supported by the Agile Platform.

Although you can integrate with MySQL, it will always be an integration and therefore not native functionality within the Agile Platform. You will attain greater levels of productivity if you choose either Oracle or SQL Server.

Kind regards,
Rodrigo Castelo wrote:
Hi Bonfait,

Yes, Oracle Express is supported. I suggest you select Oracle Express isntead of MySQL since it is further supported by the Agile Platform.

Although you can integrate with MySQL, it will always be an integration and therefore not native functionality within the Agile Platform. You will attain greater levels of productivity if you choose either Oracle or SQL Server.

Kind regards,

Hello Rodrigo and Joao,

Thank you very much for your help.

Could you please guide me how can I have outsystems working with Oracle installed in other machine that is not mine? I mean I would like to share the same DB in two different projects, one in OutSystems and the other not.

Do I have just to download the ide platform or do i have to download and install the full package?

I hope you understand. pardon for my english.

Thank you very much.
B
Bonfait France wrote:

Could you please guide me how can I have outsystems working with Oracle installed in other machine that is not mine? I mean I would like to share the same DB in two different projects, one in OutSystems and the other not.

Do I have just to download the ide platform or do i have to download and install the full package?

Hi Bonfait

You can have OutSystems working with a existing Oracle. I'm assuming you have 6.0, so you can find here the install checklist http://www.outsystems.com/community/download.aspx?DocumentId=607 that will guide you step by step.

Bonfait France wrote:
I hope you understand. pardon for my english.

Perfectly :)

Cheers, 
RNA

Merci Ricardo,

but from the checklist i didnt understand if I have to install oracle on my machine or if I can have it in other server without outsystems installed. The server would have only Oracle and in my PC I would have IIS and Agile. Is it possible?

Because we need to share the same DB with two different projects, one in OutSystems and the other not.

Could you please give me a hint in this matter.

Thank you so much for all your concern.

Hi,

Yes, It's possible to have the Agile Platform running in one server and Oracle in a different server.

Following the checklist, you can select the type of server you want to install and based on that you'll be asked to install different components on each server. For example, in your scenario you'll have to install Oracle Client Tools in your OutSystems Server.

Cheers, 
RNA
Hi,

You need to download the Agile Platform Server 6.0 and install it following the checklist. The checklist will popup when you start the installation of the server. You can download the Agile Platform Server 6.0 in the Downloads section, here.

To do this, you will need also a Trial license of the Agile Platform. I suggest you contact a sales representative through our website here explaining the purpose of the installation and asking for a trial license.

Kind regards,