I am upgrading the platform to the latest version. while republishing the application

Hi All,


I am upgrading the platform to the latest version. while republishing the applications with a solution, I am getting below error.


Refreshing module 'ChartingServicesCore' dependencies.
Error loading eSpace: System.Exception: Could not login to ***Deploymentcontroller***
at ServiceStudio.Presenter.Commands.CommandLineProcessor.prs#fsutgycf(IAggregatorPresenter jpa, String jpb, String jpc, String jpd)
at ServiceStudio.Presenter.Commands.CommandLineProcessor.prs#fkbvjfem.prs#mkvlyqon(String[] jvk).

Hi Chinthan,

I think you should generate a ticket on OutSystems support. They will be able to help you.

Hi Chinthan,

Have you published the System Components solution from the Platform Server installation folder after finishing the platform upgrade?

Regards,

Nordin

Yes, I have published it

Does you Environment Health page (under the Monitoring menu) in Service Center show all green marks?

Make sure your OutSystems windows services are started on the server. You can go through this troubleshooting guide and see if it helps: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Troubleshooting/Troubleshooting_the_OutSystems_Platform_Server.

Otherwise, I'd contact OutSystems support like Nikhil suggested.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi 

Please contact with the Support without wasting time as Nikhil suggested. They will solve it asap.


Thank you,

Sudip

Hi Sudip,

This sounds like you're calling the fact that I'm trying to help, a waste of time :-P.

Hi Nordin,


The server.API and Server.Identity is not up in environment health. What might be the reason here.

 

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Sudip,

This sounds like you're calling the fact that I'm trying to help, a waste of time :-P.

No partner. My thought is that it is the problem of the PlatfromServer and installations of the component. So the Outsystems support guys can able to identify the exact issues in this case quickly. I don't mean to say that. We are always trying to help peoples as per our capability. I just give him one suggestion as a community member. Please don't take it personally. We are all ways here to help people who are searching for help and also trying to give them correct suggestions. I hope it will make sense.


Hi Nordin,


The server.API and Server.Identity is not up in environment health. What might be the reason here.

Hi Chinthan,

I'm not sure but I had a similar issue a while ago where I couldn't contact Server.API and Server.Identity. I had reached OutSystems Support for this and they came up with the following suggestion:

"Are you able to perform the following steps:

In my case, I had the incorrect .Net Core bundle installed on the server (version 3.0, instead of 2.1 as documented in the installation checklist). 

So after performing the above steps, the issue was solved for me.

Hope this helps,

Nordin


Sudip Dey wrote:

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Sudip,

This sounds like you're calling the fact that I'm trying to help, a waste of time :-P.

No partner. My thought is that it is the problem of the PlatfromServer and installations of the component. So the Outsystems support guys can able to identify the exact issues in this case quickly. I don't mean to say that. We are always trying to help peoples as per our capability. I just give him one suggestion as a community member. Please don't take it personally. We are all ways here to help people who are searching for help and also trying to give them correct suggestions. I hope it will make sense.


It's all good Sudip! I was just messing with you ;-) 

I know you meant well :-).

Cheers!


Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Chinthan,

I'm not sure but I had a similar issue a while ago where I couldn't contact Server.API and Server.Identity. I had reached OutSystems Support for this and they came up with the following suggestion:

"Are you able to perform the following steps:

In my case, I had the incorrect .Net Core bundle installed on the server (version 3.0, instead of 2.1 as documented in the installation checklist). 

So after performing the above steps, the issue was solved for me.

Hope this helps,

Nordin


 

Thanks, Nordin Ahdi 

These steps solved my problem.

Regards,

James

 

I'm glad it helped you James.

Regards,

Nordin