[RichMail] - Authentication Supported

Hello,
I'm trying to use the RichMail Extension to have the possibility of sending emails from different SMTP servers. 

I've noticed that Outlook and Gmail supports  STARTTLS / TLS however, consulting the RichMail documentation, as you can check on the attached image, it seems that the currently supported Authentication are only "PLAIN" and "LOGIN".

For the Gmail I have the following details:

• smtp.gmail.com
  • Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
  • Port for SSL: 465
  • Requires Authentication: Yes
  • Requires TLS: Yes (if available)
  • Requires SSL: Yes

For the Outlook I have the following details:

I am getting the following errors:

Using TLS port 587

• Outlook - Kind "LOGIN" - Error: "504 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type [BN8PR15CA0002.namprd15.prod.outlook.com] AUTH LOGIN"
  • Outlook - Kind "PLAIN" - Error: "504 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type [BN6PR16CA0014.namprd16.prod.outlook.com] AUTH PLAIN"
  • GMail - Kind "PLAIN" - Error: "530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. n1sm6732459qkk.122 - gsmtp AUTH PLAIN"
  • Gmail - Kind "LOGIN" - Error: "530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. e21sm6885502qkm.55 - gsmtp AUTH LOGIN"

Using SSL port 465

• GMail - Kind "PLAIN" - Error: "connection failed"
  • Gmail - Kind "LOGIN" - Error: "connection failed"

Can you please give some insights on this issue?

Not sure RichMail supports the login protocols required by gmail. RichMail is an older component. The more current way of sending email is configuring your SMTP account in Service Center and using the Send Email widget in your flows.

Alternatively, you can use one of the many available third-party services for managing emails. Most provide simple APIs that you can integrate with on the OutSystems side.