How to get the current system time instead of the server time

I tried to use TimeZone to get the time in my time zone, but I don't know how to use it, after using some methods. Internal Error also appears on the page. I want to get the time in GMT + 8 time zone. I hope you can provide me with a specific tutorial. Thank you.

Hi Yi Wang,

Please refer to this and this post and use the mentioned Forge components to get an idea.

Also this article about multi time zone applications is very interesting.

Regards,

Nordin

I would suggest using the TimeZones component and using the action ConvertFromTimeZone (converts datetime from source time zone to destination time zone) when displaying a date/time to the user on the UI.

Cheers,
Nuno 

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

I would suggest using the TimeZones component and using the action ConvertFromTimeZone (converts datetime from source time zone to destination time zone) when displaying a date/time to the user on the UI.

Cheers,
Nuno 

The parameters of the ConvertFromTimeZone method: SourceDateTime, SourceTimeZone, DestinationTimeZone What are the specific values of these three parameters, can you give me an example?

Yi Wang wrote:

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Cheers,
Nuno 

The parameters of the ConvertFromTimeZone method: SourceDateTime, SourceTimeZone, DestinationTimeZone What are the specific values of these three parameters, can you give me an example?

Hi Yi Wang,

Related to your question a teammate wrote this article. Hope it helps you.

Cheers,
Nuno 

Edit: Question in the component discussion tab.