[Google Login Plugin] Plugin works in one app but doesn't in another in the same environment

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 2017-07-06 by Labs
6 votes
Published on 2017-07-06 by Labs

In the same environment I have two apps that work with google login, the app1 is a little older and the app2 is newer, in the beginning the plugin works several times with the apps, but I have made modification on the app2 adding another plugins, the most recently was the pushwoosh plugin and after that, when I generate the apk, the google login didn't work anymore with the app2, but works with the app1. Any ideas? using MABS 5.0 with the app1 and MABS 5.2 with app2.

Hi lizpaolagf,

- Did you see any specific logs on the Service center?

- What is the version of the plugin you are using?

- As far as for MABS concern, the issue would have been on build generation if there's some incompatibility with your plugin's Cordova version & MABS supported one.

- Not sure but logs will help folks here to guide you.

- Can u try to remove the pushwoosh plugin & check the Google Plugin, so that we can be sure that there's some conflict between these 2 plugins?

And yes it happens & I too faced these types of issues when using any X plugin in a project with Y already installed create some issue.

assif_tiger wrote:

Hi lizpaolagf,

- Did you see any specific logs on Service center

- What is the version of the plugin you are using

- As far as for MABS concern, the issue would have been on build generation if there's some incompatibility with your plugin's Cordova version & MABS supported one.

- Not sure but logs will help folks here to guide you,.

- Can u try to remove the pushwoosh plugin & check the Google Plugin, so that we can be sure that there's some conflict between these 2 plugins?

And yes it happens & I too faced these types of issues when using any X plugin in a project with Y already installed create some issue.

Hello! thank you for replying, 

-I didn't find any logs error, all it's "perfect"

-The version of the google login plugin is 2.0.1.O10

-You're right, The apk is successfully generated,

-Yes, I think so

-I tried to remove and it has the same reaction, but in the app1 the plugin works normally.

regards, 

Liz

lizpaolagf wrote:

assif_tiger wrote:

Hi lizpaolagf,

- Did you see any specific logs on Service center

- What is the version of the plugin you are using

- Not sure but logs will help folks here to guide you,.

Hello! thank you for replying, 

-I didn't find any logs error, all it's "perfect"

-The version of the google login plugin is 2.0.1.O10

-You're right, The apk is successfully generated,

-Yes, I think so

-I tried to remove and it has the same reaction, but in the app1 the plugin works normally.

regards, 

Liz

- Can you confirm by setting the MABS of app2 back to 5.0, so that would be sure that this is the root cause?

- Or I guess you can start by debugging right from a device with OS & also check the logs on service center parallelly.. I am sure you will find something.

- Also, make sure the app1 and app2 are tested from same device, sometimes the plugin has also limitations with the device version. Like for instance, some plugin supports till android7 but not android 10... or similar in case of iOS.