DropdownTags (OutSystems UI, Reactive) bugs: empty itemlist hides field, wrong labels

We're using the DropdownTags component in a Reactive web app and are finding multiple problems with it.

I've attached a project showing these problems/bugs in detail.

Bug #1\: Duplicate entries after data refresh (Note: Should be solved in next version of OutSystemsUI, see this forum post)

Bug #2\: Empty item list does not render the field.

A DropdownTags component with an empty ItemList does not render the field. This is not the normal behaviour for the Choices Javascript component that DropdownTags uses (I tried), but seems to be an OutSystems specific problem.

Bug #3\: Empty item list does not render the field (2) -> "Cannot read property 'destroy' of null".

As explained in Bug #2, a DropdownTags component with an empty ItemList does not render.  This becomes very clear when navigating to another page.  Then OutSystems tries to call the destroy() method on this unrendered field ans shows an error.

Bug #4\: Unwanted (and wrong) labels.

Having multiple Dropdowntags on the same page forces the same label on ALL DropdownTags fields (event the hidden one! (see bug #2)).  OutSystems (or Choices) seems to show a label only if the label is different from the search prompt.   Setting the search prompt forces the same label on ALL DropdownTags. 

Please see the example application in attachment for a more detailed explanation and example of these problems/bugs.

Hi Steven,

The forums is not really the place to submit bugs. If you have a bug/support request - your best option is to open a support ticket. That way things will get routed to the correct teams. 

Thanks,

Stacey

Steven hi,

I think i have the same problem as your bug#2. If the dropdowntags widget has a list of selected items, and later on i refresh the selected items list to an empty list, the dropdowntags widget does not get a screen refresh. so the selected items are still displayed, but do not exist anymore.

Did you find / get a fix for it?

Saludos,

Wilko

Hi Wilko,

The bug #2 that I reported was not the same as what you describe.  

In my case when the ItemList (not SelectedItems) was empty, the dropdowntags component did not render.

You are talking about clearing the SelectedItems, so the list of items that you have selected from the ItemList. That's not a problem that we have had because we haven't tried to do that yet.

About the bugs that I reported in this post: I can say that they have all been solved in the most recent version of OutSystemsUI after creating a support ticket for them.

wilko odijk wrote:

Steven hi,

I think i have the same problem as your bug#2. If the dropdowntags widget has a list of selected items, and later on i refresh the selected items list to an empty list, the dropdowntags widget does not get a screen refresh. so the selected items are still displayed, but do not exist anymore.

Did you find / get a fix for it?

Saludos,

Wilko

Hi Steven Decock,

Thanks for the time you took, reporting this and creating that awesome Test App! Much appreciated, helped a lot!

We are already looking into it, and I believe some of the issues are fixed since OutSystems UI 2.4.1.

Best regards,

Bernardo Cardoso

Steven Decock wrote:

We're using the DropdownTags component in a Reactive web app and are finding multiple problems with it.

Bug #1\: Duplicate entries after data refresh (Note: Should be solved in next version of OutSystemsUI, see this forum post)

A DropdownTags component with an empty ItemList does not render the field. This is not the normal behaviour for the Choices Javascript component that DropdownTags uses (I tried), but seems to be an OutSystems specific problem.

Bug #3\: Empty item list does not render the field (2) -> "Cannot read property 'destroy' of null".

As explained in Bug #2, a DropdownTags component with an empty ItemList does not render.  This becomes very clear when navigating to another page.  Then OutSystems tries to call the destroy() method on this unrendered field ans shows an error.

Having multiple Dropdowntags on the same page forces the same label on ALL DropdownTags fields (event the hidden one! (see bug #2)).  OutSystems (or Choices) seems to show a label only if the label is different from the search prompt.   Setting the search prompt forces the same label on ALL DropdownTags. 

Please see the example application in attachment for a more detailed explanation and example of these problems/bugs.

Hi Steven,

did you get any solution to bug 3? I'm facing this issue implementing the drop-down tags.

"About the bugs that I reported in this post: I can say that they have all been solved in the most recent version of OutSystemsUI after creating a support ticket for them."  - Steven

Check if you have are the using  latest OutSystemsUI  and the problem is reoccurring because according to Steven they were all fixed.  

Tamirys Barina wrote:

Steven Decock wrote:

Hi Steven,

did you get any solution to bug 3? I'm facing this issue implementing the drop-down tags.

Hi Tamirys,

I just checked again and on OutSystemsUI 2.4.1 these bugs have indeed all been fixed.

Make sure you are on at least this version to be sure you have these fixes.

Best regards,

Steven