Mobile or Reactive. How to enter data directly into table like paper order form?

Hi,

I have been through much of the training but I don't believe this was ever covered.  I need to create a reactive or mobile app where I can enter Order Line Items.  IE  Choose product from list and add to table, then enter quantity adjust markup etc. I understand that I can add records one at a time through a different screen or popup but it seems very cumbersome rather then just entering in table. Ideally I need the ability to work offline on tablets because of spotty internet.  Is there a way to accomplish this? 

Thanks Again

Rob

Hi Rob,

If you need offline, your current option is only a mobile application, as reactive apps do not yet support that.

A table entry on a smart phone is probably not giving a good user experience with the limited screen space. If on the other had your primary device is a tablet it could work. Popups on a mobile device are also not a good idea.

Either way it should be possible to implement what you want.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel,

I understand that I need a tablet app as reactive web apps cant store data locally.  I have been through the entire developing web applications and mobile application courses. I am more familiar with MS Access they were called datasheets.  The list records and table records in the examples are results of queries so in all of the examples in the training there is a separate data entry form. I think this means that in order to be able to adjust quantity I would need to add edit and delete buttons in the list /table records. and keep on going back to data entry form.  The functionality gets a little crazy at that point because my items list is filterable inside sidebar with functionality that onclick it adds item to order with standard markup/ cost etc but no quantity (INSERT INTO).  Also in sidebar there are groups of items that get added all at once.  For a programmer its probably easy question but this situation is never covered in the training unless i missed something. 

Thanks 

Rob

I guess unless I replace expressions in the list records with input fields.  Is that the answer? 

Solution

Yes that is possible we did that for a tablet application. 

We did it with a block with the inputs and put that block in a list. This was needed to do proper error handling on the input validation.

But in general an editable table is not a commonly used UI pattern on a mobile device.

Solution

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Yes that is possible we did that for a tablet application. 

We did it with a block with the inputs and put that block in a list. This was needed to do proper error handling on the input validation.

But in general an editable table is not a commonly used UI pattern on a mobile device.

Thanks Daniel