Is it possible to create a new entity into the user database

Hi,

Is it possible to create a new entity into the outsystems user database? Currently I am unable to create a new entity,it only allows me to view data.

Thanks.

Hi,

I guess you are mention a new entity attribute.

Isn't possible.

If you want to extent the User Entity attributes i recommend you to create a new entity with a User Identifier as primary key and there add the new attributes that you need.

As for more details you can check the link below:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_add_extra_logic_to_Users'_login?origin=d

Greetings,
Pedro Vieira

Hi,

Since User is a system table, so it is impossible.

Look to documentation who Pedro‘ mentioned.

cheers,

Nuno 

Jonathan Ng wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to create a new entity into the outsystems user database? Currently I am unable to create a new entity,it only allows me to view data.

Thanks.

Hi ,

User Entity is in-built System Database. You can not create other entity in System . But you can extend the user entity  by simple creating one to one relationship.It is just what similar to adding attribute in user entity but you are not doing i user table but in different table by making Id (primary key) data type User Identifier (as earlier pmmv999 said) .

thanks..

Hi,

You can not add the attribute in User entity. User entity is a systems entity. As Rahul said, if you want to do this, you can create one-to-one relationship.

Thanks,

Sushmita

Hi Jonathan,

Like everyone mentioned already: modifying the definition of the User entity is not possible - it is a system entity -, but you can extend it by creating a new entity that has an Id attribute of User Identifier data type.

But from your question, I got the idea you wanted to add new users to the database? And that is definitely possible to do, using one of these approaches:

• Open the built-in Users application of your environment (at https://<your environment>/Users)
  • Programatically using the action User_Create from module Users
  • Programatically simply using the CreateUser entity action found on the Data tab, below the User entities attributes.
  • Hope this helps!