Views
Comments
NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS setting
Question

I would like to know where I can configure the NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS setting Outsystems 10 uses for external database connections? 

We have an Outsystems 10 environment that connects to an external Oracle database. I see different setting for NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS in database sessions and in Outsystems. I would like to use the same NLS settings in the database and Outsystems.

Thank you for your help!

mvp_badge
MVP

In the screen of the external database connection, you can use the advanced settings and specify the parameters you want.

Kurt Vandevelde wrote:

In the screen of the external database connection, you can use the advanced settings and specify the parameters you want.

Thank you for your reply but in the screenshot I only see a field where I can configure the NLS_LANGUAGE parameter. Do you know where I can configure the other NLS parameters and especially the NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS parameter?

Please check if this article helps https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Configuring_linguistic_sorting_in_an_OutSystems_environment_using_an_Oracle_database

Thank you for your reply but this article describes changing the NLS_SORT parameter of the platform database. The setting I would like to change is NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS Outsystems uses for the external database.