Difference in options client or client&server to Save button validation properties

After adding all the server side custom validations in the save server action,if I set the save button validation property to either of the options client or client&server I could see no change in functionality, So Can someone help me understand on the difference, 

To my knowledge I understand that before adding the custom server side validations if property is set to client & server it restricts and validtes on mandatory fields and data formats.

But after setting all the server side custom validations in the save server action,does this mean that save button validation property could be any of the options client or client&server

Solution

Hi Sahithi, 

In short. 

Client & Server: before calling the action, default validations will be performed client side (browser). If they fail, they will be shown to the user e the request will be aborted. If all validations pass, the request will be made, where a Server validation will be performed (see next point) . 

Server: The request is made. Before executing the action, the default validations will be made. If something is invalid, it will be marked. After that, the action is executed and business validations can be made. At the end, you can check if the form is valid and act according the result. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers 

Solution