Outsystems Mobile - local storage text search

Hi everyone.

I've an mobile application with a local storage entity with the record "Controlo de Crédito." 

When searching for "CRÉ" it returns zero results but if I search for "CRé" it returns values. Letters with accents must be typed the same way they are in the entity.

I've tried to_lower in the aggregate and nothing.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Hi Nuno,

I tried to reproduce this with your test module and strangely enough, it does work as expected in a browser:

The Web SQL tab backs this up as well:

But no luck on an Android device. Did you see this behaviour in Apple devices as well?

Looks like what a collation issue would appear as in a traditional web application, but I've never seen it have an impact in local storage.

Hi Afonso,

In Chrome it works well because they have a different implementation regarding collations. In SqlLite we can send a command to ignore the collation but in the aggregate it is not possible.

Best Regards.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Nuno,

I tried to reproduce this with your test module and strangely enough, it does work as expected in a browser:

The Web SQL tab backs this up as well:

But no luck on an Android device. Did you see this behaviour in Apple devices as well?

Looks like what a collation issue would appear as in a traditional web application, but I've never seen it have an impact in local storage.