Trying to register an environment in the lifeitme but it is failing register them because of read time out issue. 

After looking into the log - Lifetime is trying to invoking "SecurePingAddress" (PlatformService_v8_0_0) from the registering environment and it is timed out. After checking logs I found that service is taking more than 100 seconds to execute, which is very high compare to other environment.

Unfortunately I am not aware what exactly this service is doing? Why it would take this time much time.

Hi Chetan,

Did you make sure LifeTime can connect to other environments over port 443 (HTTPS) and/or port 80 (HTTP)?

Make sure you meet the Network requirements.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Thanks, yes connection is open from Lifetime to Front End server. And "Handshake" web service call from Lifetime to FE is working fine, but the next service call SecurePingAddress is taking more than 100 seconds and eventually read timeout is happening. This is causing Lifetime unable to register the front end environment. 

Unfortunately I am not familiar with ServiceCenter platform default services and I cannot guess what might be going wrong with SecurePingAddress service and why is it taking more than 100sec to finish.

Regards

Chetan

Solution

Hi Chetan,

It sounds like some firewall is blocking the webservice call.

Can you try reaching the webservice endpoint via browser? 

https://EnvironmentHostname/ServiceCenter/PlatformServices_v8_0_0.asmx?op=SecurePingAddress

Sharing the error log could also be of help.

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Hi Nordin,

Thanks, as you have mentioned it is to do with firewall rules. Port should be open bidirectionally. (from Lifetime to FE and vice versa)

Issue is solved now.

Glad you’ve got it solved Chetan!